News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Mara deleted and banned

Started by Susan, May 13, 2008, 08:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicholeW.

I think what some of you are missing here is what Mara said to the Mod

Please take me off this website... [profanity] YOU ALL.

It seems to me that she was obliged. I agree that she is troubled and probably could use some support worse than those who don't act-out that way. I find that fact to be very sad.

But, at this point that didn't seem to be her wish -- to stay and write about what was truly under her skin. Instead she very nastily lashed out at someone else. I feel for whomever got that message. No one likes that kind of abuse, even when we recognize that the sender is disturbed, probably by something other than ourselves.

I'm sorry for Mara, but if she is willing to smack around a mod, I'd hate to see what she might send to one of you if she was upset enough.

Nichole
  •  

tekla

[profanity] YOU ALL

God, If I had dollar bill for every time....

But sometimes people just get dumb all over.  I see it all the time.  Right, good choice argue with the cop, the one guy/girl here who clearly has a gun.  Great thinking.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Susan

They didn't argue with me. I just banned them. That's the issue they took this kind of attitude with one of my volunteer staff members. People who are here to do a thankless job for no pay and I am not gonna tolerate anyone being abusive towards them.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Ell

Quote from: tekla on May 16, 2008, 02:51:37 AM
Right, good choice argue with the cop, the one guy/girl here who clearly has a gun.

Mods have guns?
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: ell on May 16, 2008, 08:06:22 PM

Mods have guns?

I do. (Beverly leaves laughing maniacally)

Seriously folks, I've known Susan for almost 10 years and I've never known her to do anything like this without careful consideration.  In one case years ago, she gave a person so many chances it wasn't funny and she finally had no choice but to ban them. 

Beverly
  •  

Shana A

Quote from: ell on May 16, 2008, 08:06:22 PM
Mods have guns?

All I got was a purple water pistol... probably just as well, I can't hurt myself too bad with it  ;) ;D

Z
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

cindybc

Does anyone have Mara's email address? I don't mind having a chat with her.

Cindy
  •  

Sarah

*snort*
laugh.

YEah I talked to her the other day and she mentioned this.
Not really too suprised.
I laughed and told her that she had been bratty hadn't she?
It was funny.

Susan is protective of her Mods.
As she should be.
But we are not afraid to speak our mind either.
Sometimes that has consequences.
Always it does actually, it's just a matter of which consequences one is willing to live with.
She seemed perfectly fine with speaking her mind.
I like that about her.
She may apologize later, and she may mean it, but I don't think she will feel too shook up about being banned from a website.
the things is, Mara is independant. I like her like that.
Those of us who are her friends know that.
She wants time to herself sometimes and she doesn't like feeling like she is attacked.
Which I'm sure is probably what she felt like for saying that.
people are human beings after all.
We have human feelings.
I got negged once for calling someone a bigot, when they fit the definition perfectly.
I even posted the definition.
I negged the negger out of anger and got two back at me!
People piss people off.
Some of the users here can be downright rude and disrespectful of others sometimes.
I've gotten so tired of it myself that I've blocked several people from my view list, just so I can see the posts in peace.

I think the lesson learned here is a simple one:
Respect others and above all, respect Susan's place and space.
This is her space that she is providing for us to use and respect one another.
tearing each other apart does no good at all.
It's one of the reason's why I'm not here much anymore;
I got tired of the infighting and bickering.

It gets kinda annoying when people want to challenge you for being the way you are.
You'd rather just leave and be with people who respect you unconditionaly.
It's much less stress.

But anyway,

Mara is doing well.
I talked to her the other day and saw her in person too.
She is doing fine and well and she will probably be back if she wants to be.

I hope you are all well as well.

She knew the consequences of what she was doing when she said that.

She took them willingly
She will be back if she wants.

Anyway, i love you all and have a great day!
See ya!
-Sara

•  

Alyssa M.

Hey Sara!

It's good to hear from you. Also good to hear Mara's doing okay. I've wondered where you'd gone. I figured it was something like that. I'll say, I've seen much worse on other forums. Hey, that's the Internet. Don't let the neggers get you down.

Cheers!
~Alyssa
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

Laura91

Quote from: Sarah on May 28, 2008, 05:57:08 PM

It gets kinda annoying when people want to challenge you for being the way you are.
You'd rather just leave and be with people who respect you unconditionaly.
It's much less stress.

Meh...who cares about what other people think? I just let it go in one ear and out the other since most people suck anyway.  ;D
  •  

Sarah

Ha HA!
good to hear from you both!
*grins*
-Sara
  •  

cindybc

Hi Alyssa,
QuoteI've seen much worse on other forums. Hey, that's the Internet. Don't let the neggers get you down

I so agree, actually I have noticed only but a negligible amount of nasty posts posted her, and compared to other groups I have been at now I see many of them have gone quiet. So I do believe that we have a diligent staff here that I do pray will keep this site open and running.

Cindy
  •