Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

just started hrt

Started by natalie75, February 04, 2008, 11:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natalie75

hi all my name is natalie and i have just started hrt and seing a therpaist just curious to know what installed for me in the up coming weeks and what is involved in transitioning
  •  

TheBattler

Congratulations Natalie,

I hope it goes well for you.

Alice
  •  

Alexandria

Natalie,
Fasten your seat belt....you are now in the HRT lane !
Others are far better qualified to tell you what to expect.
But, for me, it was the second BIG step of my journey !
Trust me, you will love it !
Alexandria
  •  

Anisha

well u r on thrill ride......
  •  

Jay

•  

Berliegh

Quote from: natalie75 on February 04, 2008, 11:37:10 PM
hi all my name is natalie and i have just started hrt and seing a therpaist just curious to know what installed for me in the up coming weeks and what is involved in transitioning

Taking HRT is no big deal.....transitioning is the hardest part for many and the most important part...
  •  

NicholeW.

Quote from: Berliegh on March 31, 2008, 06:16:11 AM
Quote from: natalie75 on February 04, 2008, 11:37:10 PM

Taking HRT is no big deal.....transitioning is the hardest part for many and the most important part...

It's not a big deal after you've done it for awhile. At first, yes, it's a big deal.

I'd say you will be anxious about whether or not you will get growth in all the proper places, will you have a reaction to the hormones and anti-androgens. If you are like many you will probably have a feeling after a few weeks that things are starting to 'feel' righter for you than they ever have. 

I expect you will see some emotional volatility set in after a few weeks, ups and downs that you're not used to having and that those around you may not be used to either.

The thing is, after you've been on them awhile things tend to level out and after a longer while I expect you'll find that this is 'just the way things are' and the fact of your new hormonal balance will become for you, "no big deal."

Congratulations and all the best in your journey.

Nichole

•  

Tanya1

^ yea what she said.

Remember that HRT may not be your solution and aid in transitioning. So far it hasn't for me but it has made me more comfortable or might I say feel "right".- these are mental changes.

Do I pass yet? no

Does it mean I'm not a women? no, I just haven't developed the the social skills that learned through nurture not nature.

Well physical changes varies. Genetics and age play factors along with smoking, drinking, stress and many other things.

Some people were "forced" to go fulltime after HRT- that really depends actaully. Some can go 2 years on HRT and still pass as males. Others need to go fulltime.

I suggest you make sure you have a good endo. Because the amount of success is also determined by your doctor. Many doctors prescribe menopasual doses and have no or little TS experience. However all doctors I think start with a lower dose because some people need a lower dose.

Other than that don't think HRT will magically transform you, it takes some effort on your part too to live and be accepted as a women.

HRT for me is going "okay" so far but it's only been 6 months and HRt works at different rates.

GOOD LUCK hon

•