Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Moving on...

Started by Chaunte, April 07, 2008, 09:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaunte

You have heard me talk about St. Sndrew's in Syracuse.  How the parish has helped to make me whole, and how the doors are scheduled to be closed in just a few weeks.

Even if St. Andrew's were to remain open, it is hard to justify driving 130 miles round trip to go to church.  This is even more true now given the high cost of gasoline.  While it appears I may have found a new spiritual home here where I live, I feel a calling to minister to the LGBT community here.

I made contact with a priest who is in the diocean ministry to the community.  I emailed him and said that i wanted to be involved.  Tonight, I received a welcoming reply.  I hope to meet with him this Friday and we will see what happens.

More will be coming on this story.'

Chaunte
  •  

Kimberly

I wish you very much luck Chaunte (= An as a side note, I tend to think it is always prudent to pay attention to those callings...
  •  

Wing Walker

Hi, Chaunte,

Good show on getting a positive reply.  I pray that your heart and soul find comfort and strength.

Just being nosy, but do you live near I-81 as it passes through Syracuse?

Wing Walker
  •  

Chaunte

Quote from: Wing Walker on April 08, 2008, 01:05:59 AM
Hi, Chaunte,

Good show on getting a positive reply.  I pray that your heart and soul find comfort and strength.

Wing Walker

Actually, I live near Rochester & drive 130 miles round trip to go to church at St. Andrew's.  If you can, why not come to the regular 11AM liturgy or the 5PM LGBT liturgy  on the 1st & 3rd Sundays of teh month.  Better hurry before they close the doors...

Chaunte

Posted on: April 08, 2008, 08:34:17 PM
Quote from: Kimberly on April 08, 2008, 12:51:40 AM
I wish you very much luck Chaunte (= An as a side note, I tend to think it is always prudent to pay attention to those callings...

Hi, Kim.

I agree.  That's why I am listening...

Chaunte
  •  

Wing Walker

Quote from: Chaunte on April 08, 2008, 08:35:07 PM
Quote from: Wing Walker on April 08, 2008, 01:05:59 AM
Hi, Chaunte,

Wing Walker

Actually, I live near Rochester & drive 130 miles round trip to go to church at St. Andrew's.  If you can, why not come to the regular 11AM liturgy or the 5PM LGBT liturgy  on the 1st & 3rd Sundays of teh month.  Better hurry before they close the doors...

Chaunte

Posted on: April 08, 2008, 08:34:17 PM
Quote from: Kimberly on April 08, 2008, 12:51:40 AM

Hi, Kim.

I agree.  That's why I am listening...

Chaunte

Hi, Chaunte,

Thank you so very much for your invitation to liturgy.  I would love to be there but I live in BC province of Canada.

I grew up in PA where Genesee was the *only* beer to drink!

All the best,

Wing Walker
  •  

Chaunte

To say meeting with Fr. Joe went well is an understatement. 

We talked about when and where the diocean ministry meets and I hope to go there next weekend.

He was also exceited about trying to do something locally.  He offered the use of his parish as a safe place to gather.  The hope is that this may grow into a monthly liturgy similar to what happens at St. Andrews.

Fr. Joe was very clear that the Pope will not allow any priest or deacon to preside at a Dignity/Integrity gathering.  They have taken a few positions that are in sharp contrast with Rome. 

My push-back is that this would be an intentional small Christian community that gathers to worship & share.  No political agenda.  Simply a safe place to gather as a community and worship.

We both agreed that we need to provide something for the kids.  Knowing that they are not alone and that God loves them could be all that stands between some of them and suicide.

I am excited.  I mean really excited.  The work ahead is daunting, but will be worth it if we help a single person.

Chaunte
  •  

Ms Jessica

That sounds really great.  I've often wondered if maybe I wouldn't end up doing something along the same lines.  Do you mind me asking what church you belong to?  Roman or Episcopalian, maybe something else?  Some of the catholic churches tend to get a little hard to tell apart based on terminology alone. 
  •  

Chaunte

Hi, Jess.

Roman Catholic.
  •  

gennee

Hi Chaunte. I'm very happy about the positive response you received. Like you, I have a desire to be involved with GLBT people. I will receive a bachelor's degree in childhood education laster this year but I am willing to teach anyone. I am a transgender individual and I want to share God's love with the GLBT comunity. I pray that all goes well with you in the future.

Gennee

:)
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

Chaunte

Quote from: gennee on April 20, 2008, 05:41:59 PM
Hi Chaunte. I'm very happy about the positive response you received. Like you, I have a desire to be involved with GLBT people. I will receive a bachelor's degree in childhood education laster this year but I am willing to teach anyone. I am a transgender individual and I want to share God's love with the GLBT comunity. I pray that all goes well with you in the future.

Gennee

:)

One more transgender teacher!  Welcome to the rank & file of education!

Chaunte
  •