Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The effects of puberty

Started by jemw, April 21, 2008, 09:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jemw

I have not yet started female hormones, but am scared they will not have much effect on my physical side of things. I have wide shoulders, big feet and quite a thick jaw line. I don't want to look like a man in women's clothes by the time my transition is complete :/
When does puberty come to it's peak? I'm 17 now, 18 in december - but started puberty around the age of 11. I'm terrified I will never be happy with the way I look. I was bullied at school for the way I was socially and physically, I don't want to be hurt again :(

Also, is there any kind of surgery that helps make your body/face look more feminine? Without injections inserts/injections? I'm so so scared of how my life is going to turn out now I can't sleep/occupy myself properly  :-\
  •  

Nero

redfish is right, hon. girls in their early 20s and under usually do very well on HRT. course i hear it works differently on everybody. but if you're sure you're going to transition, don't waste time as your body continues to masculinize.
if HRT doesn't produce satisfactory results, there's always FFS.
good luck, hon.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

kirakero

I started when I was 20.  The effects have thus been quite amazing and wonderful.  In my personal experience and opinion: Start on something ASAP, you won't regret it.

Also, starting hormones in the teens and early 20's has a profound effect on stopping and significantly slowing facial hair growth and the creation of hair that would later have to be removed by electrolysis.  I have had no electrolysis and my facial hair is fine, light in color, and extremely slow growing.
  •  

Hypatia

Those of us who started HRT in our 40s never cease to be amazed at the younger and younger ages at which kids start fretting "Oh no! I waited too long!" I see now it's down to 17. I thought it was getting extreme when we had 20-year-olds crying "I wish I'd started when I was 17!" Next there will be 15-year-olds moaning "All is lost because I didn't start when I was 12!"

Many of us old crones who started HRT late in life are obtaining very satisfactory results with it. If you start now, you're one of the luckiest ones. Don't worry!
Here's what I find about compromise--
don't do it if it hurts inside,
'cause either way you're screwed,
eventually you'll find
you may as well feel good;
you may as well have some pride

--Indigo Girls
  •  

Princess

i don't know if i'm done with puberty or not, but i hope i am. my pubic hair is shaped like an adults, and it's long and wavy, but in sparser amounts. i've gotten the body hair both male and females get. i've had a new thing happen to me at night, and that's all i went through. my height is average for a boy my age i guess, but boys my age look practically like men, but i think i look young and feminine. i want hormones. i think i'm at the perfect age to take hormones.
  •