Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

do you fear yourself?

Started by Natasha, April 27, 2008, 12:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enigmaticrorschach

"What is needed, rather than running away or controlling or suppressing or any other resistance, is understanding fear; that means, watch it, learn about it, come directly into contact with it. We are to learn about fear, not how to escape from it." Jiddu Krishnamurti
I fear myself and all my possibilities and abilities. but because i know what i am afraid of and i learned that sometimes fear is good as a motivator. fear motivates me because though i am afraid, once i jump into it and learn to fall down, its not so scary after all. learn what fear is and never run from it, face it head forward and smack it down if you have to  :laugh:
  •  

Kylo

No, not anymore.

As a kid I was kind of off the rails and I'm sure if I hadn't stopped short and took stock of myself back then I'd have ended up in some correctional facility. I was surely problematic, and very good at not being caught; but sooner or later my luck would run out, I thought. Knowing what I know about that part of my past, I used to think it was something to fear but, I know now that I'd only ever call on it again if I had to. Life or death situations. I didn't want to be that person and I still don't, and I've worked for years to try to become something better.

I can't really fear that stuff anymore. I do think that some of us are born and find it hard to orient ourselves in the world; I know I didn't have a well-developed sense of morality back then, but I do now. I did some bad things, but I learned from them. Can't ask for more than that from a person, really. You could say "you shouldn't have ever done anything bad," but there's a reason we don't think of kids as able to make proper decisions. They're not 'all there' yet. They're not developed yet. So I can't exactly beat myself up over what my kid self didn't yet understand. Still, I'm not impressed by the glimpse into the darker side of human nature I saw there. No matter how nice I become, no matter how moral I can be, I've seen it and I've felt it and I know it's all over the place out there among other people, sometimes hiding behind innocent-looking faces.

I guess the only thing I fear is losing my mind and sense of control. I'm not in any danger of that I hope, but the thought of losing it is unimaginable. When it comes down to it the sense of self and self control is really the only solid thing in my life, the only truly familiar thing that can be relied upon.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Alycya

No, the best friend i ever had it's me. Sometimes i do something very silly, sometimes i do something very nice... but, a friend can be forgiven.

:) Hugs,
Aly
"Know masculinity, maintain femininity, and be a ravine for all under heaven" - Lao Tzu

•  

Christy Lee

I fear my true self having bottled her up for so long
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

V M

Do you fear yourself? Very much so
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Devlyn

I used to, but now I know I don't have to.
  •