Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

FLASH ~~> FTMSHUBBIE, aka DAN, HAS JOINED THE CHAT STAFF!!!

Started by HelenW, April 25, 2008, 11:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HelenW

I'm honored and pleased to make the announcement that ftmshubbie, aka dan, has joined the ranks of chat staff!  (Yep, we bamboozled another one!   >:D )

Please join me in saying thank you to dan for volunteering his valuable time to help make Susan's #Chat a safe and supportive place for all trans people and their allies.

Or, you can come to #chat sometime and thank him yourself!

hugs & smiles
Emelye

FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

Kate Thomas

"But who is that on the other side of you?"
T.S. Eliot
  •  

ftmshubbie

It's a privilege to be here, Emelye! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Dan
  •  

Laura91

:o The Shubbers has joined the chat??!!! *runs and hides*
  •  

NicholeW.

Welcome to the Susan's staff, Dan. Nice to have you.

Nichole
  •  

Robyn

This makes four places that Dan and I hang out together.  Not counting some lunches I've had with him and his spouse.

Emery is looking forward to meeting you, too, Dan.  Summer on the sweltering East Coast.

Thanks for volunteering.

Robyn

When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. — Patrick Overton
  •  

Case

YAYYY FOR DAN!!!  :D

We already met in the chat, I just wanted to YAY you!!  :D
  •  

RebeccaFog

Good for you, Dan.  I hope it goes well.

Chat scares me.
  •  

Nero

Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

ftmshubbie

Quote from: Laura91 on April 26, 2008, 08:43:20 AM
:o The Shubbers has joined the chat??!!! *runs and hides*

Laura...you can run, but you cannot hide......

heheheheh
  •  

HelenW

Quote from: Rebis on April 26, 2008, 07:28:59 PM

Chat scares me.

#Chat scared me too when I first joined Susan's Place.  I remember receiving a PM invitation from Emerald and answering with doubts because of my perceived propensity (at the time) to give out TMI unless I had time to edit what I said first.  As it turns out, it was really just an excuse based in fear and I really had nothing to worry about.

The chat rooms are monitored and kept safe by the excessively diligent chat staff (nothing wrong with a little self-promotion, is there?) and the real time conversations, while they can get a bit crazy at times, are rarely boring.  There's nothing wrong with your signing in and lurking for awhile if you wish to see how things work.

C'mon in!  The water's fine!!

hugs & smiles
Emelye
FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

ftmshubbie

Quote from: Rebis on April 26, 2008, 07:28:59 PM

Chat scares me.

Rebis...like Emelye said: Susan's chats are safe and comfortable places. Nobody is going to harrass you, or hit on you or anything like that. And you can sit quietly in the corner and sip a cup of tea if you like and listen in on the other conversations.

It's a little intimidating if you "walk in" in the middle of an animated conversation and everyone seems to know everyone else. But rest assured, you'll be welcomed and helped to feel at home and at ease. And you don't have to necessarily chat about TG stuff, especially in the general chat room called #CHAT. You can talk or not about whatever you like--as long as it's generally "G" or "PG" rated, that is.

Hope to see you there some evening soon.

Dan (aka ftmshubbie)
  •  

Shana A

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•