Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What would you say if you had open ears and an hour?

Started by TylerTerp, June 28, 2006, 12:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerTerp

There is a fest in my town next week. To give a very general description, it's called Plan-It-X Fest, and it's sort of a summer camp/music fest. There are different classes during the day and shows at night.

The classes range from topics such as old time banjo playing to making and using herbal medicines to...trans issues.

Trans issues. So, I emailed the guy who is "teaching" this class. It's really a segment of a series of classes he's teaching, GLBT classes. The description of the class seemed like he may need some help, so I told him I was very willing to talk and answer questions.

So here's my question to you: If you had a chance to talk about Trans issues to people who are presumably open to the idea but not overly educated on it, what would you say?
  •  

Chynna

Do it everyday!

It's a reward experience you should enjoy.....but also very stressfull at times...I wish you look baby boy
  •  

Kate

Quote from: TylerTerp on June 28, 2006, 12:37:52 PM
So here's my question to you: If you had a chance to talk about Trans issues to people who are presumably open to the idea but not overly educated on it, what would you say?

It's not about being SO gay (or so lesbian) that we feel a need to change sexes...

It's not about the clothes! (mostly a m2f issue though)

We're born with these feelings, we don't "decide" to be trans (though some don't realize it until later), or decide that the other gender is "better" somehow... it's just HOME.

We're just normal people... well... lol.
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Kate on June 28, 2006, 12:58:26 PM
...the other gender is "better" somehow... it's just HOME.

I like that one.

Melissa
  •