Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Discrimination in Pinellas County

Started by nickie, June 05, 2008, 07:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickie

Well, we got screwed... again. After promising to give us a hearing when we were tossed out of the original language to amend the County's HRO, the Commission suddenly called a meeting in the middle of the day, on Tuesday, so that we couldn't get off work, or change plans and show up. They didn't let anyone who did show up speak. They voted 3-3, one absent (who was visibly uncomfortable around us, claiming after he had listened to several of us talk for an hour (in the first hearing in April), that he "Didn't know what a transgender (sic) was"; not to give us a hearing toward being included. I sent the Chairman, who spoke out against us most vehemently, this email: "Thanks for showing your true colors, displaying discrimination. I cant wait for the next election." Janice Carney stated that "I totally feel that they don't feel I am a human being." Pinellas County is a backwoods, redneck, smalltime county, in my opinion, and I can't wait to have the money to move somewhere friendly. They don't give a damn how many of us are homeless, commit suicide, or are murdered because we are on the streets for lack of housing and jobs.
  •