Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

About me...

Started by Cailyn, June 07, 2005, 06:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cailyn

>:D It's all about me >:D

Actually just a note to say the new look is good and that for those of you who may have missed my original post--which is now gone--I posted as D***** for about a year but have chosen a new name as I complete transition.  My name will legally become Cailyn [...] next week Wednesday.

Cailyn
  •  

4years

Oh very nice Cailyn!
I hope everything goes smoothly with your official name change!

Hope you are doing well (=
  •  

stephanie_craxford

That's great news Cailyn.

I have applied to have my name changed, and although I don't expect any problems, it does take a long time here in Canada - up to a year.  So I wait.  How long does it usually take in the US?
  •  

Dennis

Ouch Stephanie - up to a year? In BC it only takes 6 weeks.

Dennis
  •  

kitten

5 working days ($90) .... 2 if you pay premium rate ($120)

that's Australia for you, a federal same-sex marriage ban, but everything not forbidden is damn near compulsory! ;)
  •  

stephanie_craxford

That does it, I'm moving in with Kitten  :D and if that doesn't work, it's off to BC  ;D

Here in Ontario it costs $137.00 (non-refundable)  The injustic of it all...
  •  

Leigh

Oregon is 14 days from the date the name change is publically posted for comment.

$87.50 plus $3.50 each for as many originals of the court ordered name change.  It is wise to get more than one.  SSA for example wants an original for their records as does DMV.  The State Dept does not need one unless you are ammending a passort that is already issued.  Having more than you need is always a good idea just in case.

Leigh
  •  

Cailyn

Name change varies from state to state.  In Wisconsin, the fee is $152 plus the cost of a newspaper ad running 3 weeks in a row (another $100) announcing the pending name change.  In practice, it takes 8-10 weeks to get a court date.

Cailyn
  •  

gina_taylor

Hi Cailyn,

Congradulations on getting your name legally changed.  :angel: This is one thing that I'd like to do, but unfortunatley there are too many complications at this time, so I have decided to take the commonlaw way and just change my name to those I associate with. At least they're all accepting of the changes. It's all part of our journey to a better understanding of ourselves.

Gina
I have the heart and soul of a woman
And am proud to be a T-girl

•