News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Good News

Started by offthesidewalk, June 22, 2008, 06:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

offthesidewalk

hey everyone...

i've been dreading this news for the whole weekend believe it or not. i actually thought you might feel bad or jealous by what i was offered- because of this i was told I was being ridiculous (although not the exact words. Lol)

so anyhow- i first started a therapist a few years ago because of my parents divorce. i stopped going seven months ago.

so anyway- the person (lets call her Inge) doesn't work where she always did anymore. so when i wanted to talk to someone, there was no one i trusted. so i went around town and talked to a few psychiatrists but none of them felt right and they all seemed sort of emotionally distant- like they're not really there. you know?

so- partly out of desperation i called on the psychiatrist i always went to- which was a bit of a problem since they changed their number. typical. Lol.

so i finally talk to her, and tell her all how i feel etc. and for the last two weeks, she helped me find some some really nice therapists who also has experience in the gender therapy field.

so the first one went by, and on came the second.
(lets call her Kari { wasn't this name on the first season of digimon?? anyhow})

so i talked with Kari earlier that week and i really seemed to have been able to connect with her.

my mom found out about the appointment i made with Kari. she went to go see Kari because she was the closest to home who was available at that time, and when they were done Kari mentioned that when i see her i should just bring along the personality tests i done (for the jobs- i don't know what you call them in english).

nothing drastic happened- she just knows about that i go- she doesn't know what I'm going for yet, although i did mention in another thread that i think she may know- she sure is dropping alot of hints.

so friday was my first session.
I'm not going to say anything from what happened there except that, because my mom went to see her, Kari knows about my family's situation- relationship wise between us and my dad. so Kari offered me the therapy sessions without me ever seeing a bill from her.
which is AWESOME to say the least. it's so much money i don't have to pay out of my pocket or my mom out of her pocket.

I've truly been blessed to recieved such a gift and i see don't see it as anything other than a miracle.

so yeah- that's my happy bit of news.
i hope none feel jealous or envy- because i won't feel happy if my low were the cause.

anyhow- *huggles* everyone.

this was maybe the longest post i typed on a mobile. Hehe.
  •  

Sephirah

That's amazing news, Eloise. And proof for all of us that there are good people out there that will go out of their way and above the call of duty. :)

I'm so pleased for you *hugs* and I hope it leads to great and wonderful things. Onwards and upwards, missy! ;D

~Leia.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

funnygrl

WHAT!?!?! NO FAIR!?!?! WHAT THE HELL!?!?! ??? :'(

...LOL ;D

Way kewl!!! good for you!!!
  •  

Janet_Girl

Good for Eloise.

Youve taken the first steps.

Good Luck and Keep Going.