Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Transgender pride on parade: Public celebration by very disturbed people. Grueso

Started by Shana A, June 16, 2008, 07:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

Transgender pride on parade: Public celebration by very disturbed people. Gruesome display of body mutilations.
This is what your politicians, corporations, and schools are supporting.
June 15, 2008

Caution: Some of the photographs below are extremely disturbing.

(Plus: links below to more photos.)

http://www.massresistance.org/docs/gen/08b/>-bleeped-<_parade/part1/index.html

If you walked onto the main street in Northampton, MA on Saturday, June 7, this is what you would have run into. In foreground: woman with beard (wearing green cap) and two men with breasts (in red shirt and blue hat).
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Virginia87106

I do not find the pics grusome or disturbing at all.  I think transmen are handsome and displaying their bodies is natural and their right.
  •  

tekla

If you don't like it - as many do not like the Pride Parade in SF - go somewhere else. The rest of the city, the state, and the world is open to you, and these few blocks are only being used for a few hours.  And don't take pictures to remember the event.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Shana A

They do seem awfully fixated on transpeople and our events!

Or maybe they wore blindfolds while taking the pics and/or laying out their webpage  >:D >:D >:D

Z

•  

tekla

That's because all the gays look so darn normal anymore, and without shock value this kind of stuff has no value at all. 
  •  

NicholeW.

Gruesome is as gruesome does. The MassResistance photog and writer are apparently 'gruesome' as they expose themselves to what they consider horrid mutilations of other human beings.

I suppose they had the entire state of MA to wander through last weekend and chose Northhampton in order to feed their need to self-humiliate. Obviously this is a dire and deep-seated need of those folks. To each their own.

Personally I agree with Virginia, some of the men were quite attractive. *smile* Very few pics of the real women so it was hard to judge their attractiveness, imo, on display. I suppose breast-reduction and removal are a bigger turn-on for those involved. Ya know, there is just no accounting for the various turn-ons people have.

My other puzzlement is why they'd expose themselves to the "world's largest congregation of lesbians" by going to Northhampton in the first place without there being some deeply embedded fetish involved.

I think we owe it to those MassResistance-types to respect their own sexual proclivities as much as we accept one another's.
:)

Nichole
  •  

tekla

Do they find 'enhanced breasts' equally disturbing?  I'm thinking no.
  •  

Shana A

My guess is that they didn't attend Trans Pride at all, and instead lifted the photos from the internet.

They sure did pick some of our most handsome guys and lovely ladies for their webpage, don'tcha think  ;D

Z

•  

Pysgod

I'm thinking thats what they did too. They really seem fixated on this. I think they have to much time on their hands and need to find a new hobby.
  •  

Sandy

What I find so interesting about sites like this is that they have all this inflamitory rhetoric but do not provide any sort of comment section.  Even though the majority of their comments would probably be from supporters of their slanted world view.  And perhaps one or two from some post op trans people as well.

I personally found nothing "grusome" in any of their references.  Though I would have noted that the medical illistrations of the creation of a neo-vagina could be disturbing to more sensitive viewers...

But then again these people would have noted that guys holding hands with guys were gruesome as well.

Interesting that they had to go the 2005 rally to find the gruesome photos of bare chested trans men...  Actually I found them kind of cute!

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Cindi Jones

I was impressed by the language describing individuals.  It appears that obesity walks hand in hand with gender confused people.  They need to get the message out!  Spread it heavily within their ranks!  OMG! ;)

cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Pysgod

I'm quite certain some of those people running that site certainly aren't slim and toned. Considering 70% of the US population is overweight.
  •  

Maddie Secutura

I can't believe how transphobic some people can be!  I know what I'll do to show them, I'll march my pre HRT ass up to that pride parade dressed in a suit and tie.  They'll be like "the woman in the suit and tie..."  and I'll be like Gotcha! You all thought I was a bio-female just because I'm dressed like a male, you can't tell at all.

•  

tekla

And that was in Mass.  Just wait till the end of the month when SF has their parade.  And given events of the recent past here in Cali, this ought to be a real over the top, WE HAVE WON kind of event.
  •  

Yochanan

This article was sickening. The only good thing about it was seeing the pictures of the transmen--I wish I could run around the streets without a shirt like that! Lucky guys. I hate people who talk about transmen as "women with beards" who've "had their breasts 'cut off'" and all that crap about "huge doses of hormones to grow facial hair" or whatever. These people who wrote this article don't have any frigging clue what they're talking about. They should be banned from the world. Ugh.
  •  

buttercup

I find this fixation they have more disturbing than anyone's pictures or how they live their life.  :(
  •