Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Over the last ten years

Started by Shana A, June 16, 2008, 01:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

http://transgroupblog.blogspot.com/2008/06/gender-identity-gender-expression-body.html

Over the last ten years
by SeaMonica

Over the last ten years, I have been privileged to be invited to speak in front of psychology classes, sociology classes, human sexuality classes and social work classes at various universities and junior colleges, both in Arizona and Georgia. It seems that when they reach the subject of transsexuality, it helps the students to better understand if they have a live subject to grill. One of the first things I tell them when I start my presentation is, "I'm not afraid of the questions you ask me, as long as you aren't afraid of the answers I give you." It let's the students know that every question is fair game.

Over the course of the years, I have developed visual aids to help in explaining various aspects of the human condition related to the subject matter. One of the things I would tell them is that Gender Identity, Gender Expression, Sexual Orientation and Physical Sex are four completely individual and separate aspects to a person's life. Each is represented by a line and a person can fall any place on those lines.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•