Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

We Were Warned. We Didn’t Listen

Started by Hazumu, June 16, 2008, 01:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazumu

QuoteWhat I find abhorrent in all this is that our laws here in California have made it illegal to exhibit the Ten Commandments, or have prayers at graduation ceremonies, say the Pledge of Allegiance (and the words "under God") but it is now okay to show films in our taxpayer supported schools that support alternative lifestyles.

It's also interesting that people want to ban military recruiters from these very same schools that they're trying to force admittance of these Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender recruiters. What about groups to promote abstinence, or groups to promote monogamy in marriage. What about groups to promote marriage as being a covenant between a man and a woman–and God?

=====
...feel the spittle--  =K
  •  

tekla

FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Hazumu

I feel "The B.S. Notebook" is apropos, don't you?

=K
  •  

tekla

Couldn't have chosen a better name myself.
  •  

NicholeW.

Was this man 'educated' in Cali? If so, then I'd hardly worry too much about 'indoctrination.' As tekla said on another post, it won't take anyhow.

N~
  •  

Cindi Jones

I read the bill.  It prohibits discrimination against anyone. Additionally, it prohibits the introduction of curriculum that would discriminate against anyone.

That's all it does.  I think that it's about time we learn to treat each other as human beings.  If that goes against the Bible for some people then they'll have learn to deal with it.

How we read into this law the promotion of anything else is beyond me.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

tekla

Wow, he is on a Fox Radio station.  That's a shock.
  •  

Cindi Jones

I'm also tired of hearing about the ten commandments thing.  Until the government accepts my church's fundamentals to be also posted in the public square, no one should get them. 

Can you imagine prayer time in schools.... you know, trying to cover all the bases? 

If you want your kid to attend a religious school... then send them to one!  Just don't use my tax dollars to do it.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

tekla

I know that you Cindy grew up in a very religious household.  I did too.  12 years of Catholic School.  How do they explain that.  Perhaps we are just exactly the way god wants us.
  •