Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

I'll become a Victorian lady

Started by Medusa, October 22, 2012, 05:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medusa

I want to slowly change style to become Victorian lady, maybe it's just my new hrt puberty phase, but why no.
I want to begin with outfit like this (but in royal blue), it is ideal to fall, and slowly add some accessories and more items.
I'll sew it so then I share some pics.
IMVU: MedusaTheStrange
  •  

Rozelyn

There is something elegant and striking about the Victorian era fashion isn't there? I also want a to make/find for a resonal price some dresses and other fashions that would fit me. I would love to see some pictures of what you manage to make or find.
I saw a glimpse of the awakening spirit that is you, caged perhaps, by the bars of circumstances. In pleasure I witness your release.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Rozelyn on December 15, 2012, 04:02:43 PM
There is something elegant and striking about the Victorian era fashion isn't there? I also want a to make/find for a resonal price some dresses and other fashions that would fit me. I would love to see some pictures of what you manage to make or find.

I'm with you Rozelyn and Medusa, the Victorian era was without a doubt the most beautiful time fashion wise. We look forward to the period pieces on TV and enjoy the fashion of a bygone era where ladies appeared so much more ladylike than now.
  •  

Beth Andrea

Wow, this is a fascinating idea! We'd need the hip/butt-pads ("bustle") etc, but then...one is supposed to use them for that era!

The Victorian era of British history was the period of Queen Victoria's reign from 20 June 1837 until her death on 22 January 1901. The Victorian Era style of clothing, however, ended in 1912.

...Culturally there was a transition away from the rationalism of the Georgian period and toward romanticism and mysticism with regard to religion, social values, and the arts.[2] The era is popularly associated with the values of social and sexual restraint.

One thing I noticed in my Googling for pics, etc is that if a bustle is used, it would make using a car quite inconvenient. (Perhaps that is why this era ended in 1912?)

Mmmm....but if not Victorian...what other era(s)...? On thither we yet make our journeys...
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •