News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Navy vet, outspoken activist, ambivalent pre-op

Started by LostInTime, July 13, 2006, 09:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTime

TransNation

till angry, Sandeen argues no matter how much unsupportive gays want to distance themselves from trans people, they will not succeed because our enemies do not make those distinctions. "People outside the GLBT community cannot tell the difference between a drag queen, an effeminate gay man, a cross dresser and a transsexual. Try and separate us out, what happens is the external forces push us back together."

Furthermore, Sandeen insists that social justice demands achieving justice for all. "If it's justice for white gay men and not justice for transsexual women of color, then are we really fighting for equality? Or is it as they say in that book Animal Farm, 'Some pigs are more equal than others'?"
  •  

Kate

"I've literally only had one partner in my entire life and I'm just not interested in sex. If I could have a relationship with someone that was just as intimate as a sexual relationship — but without sex — I would love that."

Hmmm, interesting. I can relate to that. I keep thinking that if I can just get over being uncomfortable with my male genitals (during sex), OR have the op, then I'll be more enthusiastic about it. But I sometimes wonder if I'm trying to hard to make myself feel something that just isn't there (as much as other physical males anyway).
  •  

stephanie_craxford

•