News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Dilations and spasms?

Started by ClaireR, July 03, 2008, 08:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClaireR

Hi everyone,

I'm newly post-op (about 2.5 weeks) and I'm running into spasms/cramps during dilation, usually running off and on for nearly an hour afterwards. My surgeon is off on summer holidays and I've left a message on voicemail but I'm not sure I'll get a response soon.

Has anyone else run into this? I'm still very new to this and quite paranoid that I'm dilating wrong and injuring something or another...

Thanks.

Claire
  •  

kirakero

My first inclination is that its fine, and being caused by the muscles in your body learning all about your new vagina.  Vaginoplasty creates a vagina by going through muscles, so I would expect that it is these muscles that are being troublesome.  I would not worry too much, but mention it to your surgeon when you can.  I can ask Dr. McGinn about this as well, I will be speaking to her on Sunday probably.

Do not stop dilating.

Update:  Blood and tissue discharge on the dilator is normal (the more granulization tissue in the vagina the more blood there will be).  Pain is normal.  Make sure you are getting under the pubic bone and use as much lube as necessary o..o

Update 2: You might try massaging the muscles with a finger or two in the vagina or from the top, outside (whichever is closer).  Apply firm, non-forceable pressure to the area of pain for 3-5 minutes and try to let the muscle relax.
  •  

Anonymouse

1- Don't worry it is quite normal to have some difficulty during the first few weeks of dilation.

2 - Don't stop dilation.

3 - Relax. At the stage you are now I spent an hour lying down and listening to budhist chants before I even started to dilate.

4 - Relax the posterior muscle by pressing down with your finger and holding before dilating.

5 - If necessary start with a smaller diator and then go up to your normal size.

6 - If you are still having dificulties consider using painkillers and something to relax you like 2.5mg of Diazepam unless it is contraindicated in your situation.

7 - Relax. I know its easy to say but give yourself time.

8 - Relax, it is normal to have difficulty dilating at some stage.

9 - Use lots of lube. Apply gentle but constant pressure to the dilator. It might hurt but if you push the dilator up towards your belly button and not down it should not damageyou.

10 - Don't panic. Relax and keep dilating. It is normal to have some difficulty dilating as things start to heal. Don't skip dilation as this will just make make it harder the next time.

Ann

•