Main Menu

Transsexual Cited For Trespassing In Bus Bathroom

Started by Chaunte, August 08, 2008, 09:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaunte

Transsexual Cited For Trespassing In Bus Bathroom
WJAX
Copyright 2008 by News4Jax.com.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A transsexual accuses the Jacksonville Transportation Authority and police of both discriminating over the use of restrooms.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/17097073/detail.html
  •  

Aiden

Why they assume just because he has a penis he would stand.  If he feels like he's really a woman then wouldn;t he sit?   I know not the point, but still... *shrugs*

Sick of being judged by our physical bodies
Every day we pass people, do we see them or the mask they wear?
If you live under a mask long enough, does it eventually break or wear down?  Does it become part you?  Maybe alone, they are truly themselves?  Or maybe they have forgotten or buried themselves so long, they forget they are not a mask?
  •  

Hypatia

Well, what other result can you expect from all the shrill transphobic propaganda the religious reich has been spewing? Get ready, folks, here comes the crackdown.

The pronoun abuse in that article was inexcusable. It adds insult to injury. Aiden, please get a clue.
Here's what I find about compromise--
don't do it if it hurts inside,
'cause either way you're screwed,
eventually you'll find
you may as well feel good;
you may as well have some pride

--Indigo Girls
  •  

tekla

FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

NicholeW.

Florida, may indeed be the word. Ya suppose the bail would have been lower had this fellow choked a TS to death?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/17185521/detail.html
  •  

tekla

There is a reason that FARK has "florida" tag as one of its headings.  News from the Sunshine State never fails to amuse.
  •  

Aiden

Sorry... opps  didn;t even realize did that.  Please forgive me, I never heard of transgender till 3 years ago when met first one, and back then I still didn't understand it or know anything about proper pronouns.  I only learned recently in discovering I was transgender myself and researching.   I'm really sorry.  :(

Posted on: August 14, 2008, 12:05:40 AM
If it makes you feel better, you don;t even need to beat me up for this, I'm sell known for doing enough self beating for 10 people... am really sorry
If you live under a mask long enough, does it eventually break or wear down?  Does it become part you?  Maybe alone, they are truly themselves?  Or maybe they have forgotten or buried themselves so long, they forget they are not a mask?
  •  

tekla

Oh don't beat yourself up over it.  Say "sorry" and forget it.  If that's not enough say "So?"
  •  

Aiden

I dono...  I feel like a failure right now.  I'm to dang sensitive...  can't stop crying over this stupid mistake and embarrassing the hell out of me
  •  

NicholeW.

Aidan, try to go a bit easier on yourself, luv. Sometimes it takes awhile to get used to things. I don't think anyone is gonna believe you intentionally tried to upset them. It was an unintentional mistake.

It's really okay, fella. Try to just let it go and give yourself some slack. :icon_hug:

Nichole
  •  

Aiden

Thanks.  Sorry about the breakdown.  Maybe I need more sleep.
  •  

Cindi Jones

I can't believe that people are actually paid to write this stuff.  You'd think that they should have more pages in their coloring books to fill in.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Hypatia

I feel bad now, Aiden. I never meant to upset you. (((HUGS)))
I embarrassed myself a lot when I was new at this... I think we all have.
Here's what I find about compromise--
don't do it if it hurts inside,
'cause either way you're screwed,
eventually you'll find
you may as well feel good;
you may as well have some pride

--Indigo Girls
  •  

Aiden

Quote from: Hypatia on August 14, 2008, 08:04:15 AM
I feel bad now, Aiden. I never meant to upset you. (((HUGS)))
I embarrassed myself a lot when I was new at this... I think we all have.

Thanks.  I know you didn't mean to.  Was more upset at myself.
  •