Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I told my twin brother...

Started by nathan, July 14, 2008, 08:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathan

...and it went better than I expected. :)  We work in the same office building and regularly shoot emails back and forth to help get through the day.  He knows I'm looking for a shrink to talk to, and today he asked me how that was going.  Now he has a tendency to be a little stubborn, and comes across as very resistant to change when it affects him.  Just like our Dad.  Heh.  So I answer that it's been difficult finding someone in my insurance network that can help, and he's wondering why.  This not being the usual anxiety/depression stuff I try to skirt the issue, but eventually tell him that I may have GID.  A few agonizing moments later, he replies with a "Yeah, it kinda shows. I wish I could help you. Will you promise to get help? If it's been bothering you for this long, you shouldn't wait any longer." 

OMG.  It's not fanfare and ticker-tape, but it'll more than do.  I was expecting to be read the Riot Act.  I wanted to run downstairs and give him a hug, but let's not push things, eh? ;D
  •  

Sephirah

If I got that reaction from my brother I would be moonwalking down the high street waving a huge banner and grinning so badly I'd look like my jaw had been dislocated. ;D

That's about as good a start as anyone can hope for, Nathan. *big hug* Your brother sounds very cool, and very compassionate.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

nathan

Thanks Leiandra! *hugs back*  He's a great guy, just a little selfish when it comes to things that may affect his world. 
  •  

pennyjane

yes, your brother is a pretty perceptive guy...none of my business, but i think it would have been a good thing to run on down the stairs and give that guy a big one!.....when you do, give him one from me too.  God bless with...
  •  

nathan

Oh, of course pj.  Maybe when we're someplace that's not an office. :) Appropriate for business and all that. Hehehe.
  •