Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Japanese Songs to practice on female voice?

Started by Janet Merai, April 14, 2009, 05:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Merai

Does anyone know of any Japanese female songs that are useful to sing to that help train a male's voice to female?

I am not asking for a "do it for me" button, I am just asking if anyone knows any good starter songs in Japanese I can use to train my voice.

My first two ideas are Fukai Mori / Deep Forest (One of Inuyasha's ending themes) and Fantasy (Hikaru no Go's third opening theme song)

Post your beginner, intermediate and advanced songs to sing to :3
(I am sort of beginning though my voice is beginning to develop that female part)
  •  

Janet_Girl

Hopefully One person will answer.  She is very much into Japanese things.

Personally I use Cher and Carly Simon.

Janet
  •  

Janet Merai

•  

Paulina

Ayumi Hamasaki, any songs from her, but the earlier ones have a higher pitch and the recent ones (2006 and up) have a more mature voice . Good thing about Ayumi is that if you're singing her songs you are usually singing songs about emotions, love, peace, sadness, world. Her songs all have themes.

Ayumi Hamasaki- A song for xx (most emotional one), surreal, rainy day (i just love this song), sparkle (strong,fast, and just fun to sing to), next level (awesome), jewel (sweet and slow), momentum (pitch varies), trauma (fast), M (this song made me cried; the words are about the Virgin Mary *the only Christian song to ever hit number one in Japan* and the world and love), boys and girls, Vogue, Is this love (must sing forceful), 1 love (if you want a more raspy tone), Green

"M", which is a prayer to the Virgin Mary; lyrics http://ayumi.primenova.com/lyrics/m.htm
Ayumi Hamasaki- M [MV]

Ayumi Hamasaki - NEXT LEVEL [PV] ****High Quality****

Chistose Hajime is awesome as well, since her voice is known to cause relaxation.
怪 ayakashi 元ちとせ - 春のかたみ - [真人PV]

This is the only Namie song I like...
Never End-Amuro Namie.WMV

Other recommendations

Utada- Sakura Drops
Rin- Sakura (very traditional Japanese song)
Crystal kay- Kitto Eien Ni
Ai Otsuka- Momo No Hanabira, Cherish, Planetarium

•  

Janet Merai

Thank you Paulina :3

I will definitely look into this singer once I have far more privacy :)
  •  

Osiris

Now as I have no clue about training your voice this might not be a great suggestion but this is a song with a bit of a deeper female voice, so it might interest you.

Shiki No Uta from Samurai Champloo-
Shiki no Uta
अगणित रूप अनुप अपारा | निर्गुण सांगुन स्वरप तुम्हारा || नहिं कछु भेद वेद अस भासत | भक्तन से नहिं अन्तर रखत
  •  

AmaLynn

I personally like listening to the band High and Mighty Color. They are a japanese metal band, but they're female singer doesn't do a lot of screams or anything drastic. It's very nice, and I can match her pitch ;)
  •  

Megan Joanne

I think me singing along to Japanese songs helped my voice (not to say that I can sing, my singing voice sucks), have a lot of Sailor Moon soundtracks (as well as Bubblegum Crisis, and Zenki) that I used to sing along to all day long practically. Plus also that early on trying to get rid of that male sounding voice I'd sit there and record me talking and whatnot, changing the pitch of my voice ever so often to find what sounded right, then its just a matter of remembering and getting it to be that way all of the time. Now, the only time I sound even remotely like a guy is when I'm sick, or if my throat gets dry from too much talking (that's when kids usually notice the difference).
  •  

AmaLynn

I agree with Megan.

By the way, Megan, you just became my best friend everz. Sailor moon is the greatest thing ever to grace a TV screen, IMHO.
  •