Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What the Bleep Do We Know?

Started by LostInTime, July 27, 2006, 07:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTime

IMDB link.

A friend of mine was raving about this movie.  How good it was, life changing, etc, etc.

Let me tell you right now that this movie is nothing more than a recruiting video for a cult.  They intercut discussions of quantum mechanics with touchy-feely emotional psycho babble.  At the very end of the vid it lists one of the people (founder of the cult) as Ramtha, being channeled by this woman who would give Tammy Faye a run for her money in the mascara department.  This same person also kept losing her accent off and on through the vid.

When the authors, psychics, and assorted people who were not scientists tried to tackle the science end, they were way off.  Misinformation and outright lies are throughout this vid.  Human body being 90% water,  LOL.

I tore the entire thing apart from beginning to end while watching it and pointing out where it was really off.  My friend actually apologised after it was done.

A quick search on the 'Net reveals more about this cult and some of the "experts" that were on the vid.  One was really ticked because they took pretty much everything he said out of context.  A few others are actually a part of the Ramtha cult.

All of that said, the computer animation is pretty neat to watch and the film does have it's moments where it is intentionally funny.

Wiki Link
Ramtha Wiki Page
  •  

Kate

I loved it. It resonated with many of the things I already believe and know.

Funny though, as the only person I couldn't stand in the movie was the "accent" woman you mention. I instantly disliked her.

Some of it WAS pretty silly, and a bit too love & light for me. But most of it rang true... I especially loved that older physicist(?) guy.

But the idea that we affect the world around us with our intentions - is a core belief of mine. In fact, that's why your posting about the movie showed up today, of on all things, a TS forum I visit ;)
  •  

Dennis

Thanks for the review. I have a friend who raves about it too and she's constantly on one kick or another, claiming it's the eternal truth. I had the feeling this was just another one of those.

Dennis
  •  

Kate

Quote from: Dennis on July 27, 2006, 09:42:48 AM
Thanks for the review. I have a friend who raves about it too and she's constantly on one kick or another, claiming it's the eternal truth. I had the feeling this was just another one of those.

Funny thing about "truths" is that no one can "give" it to you. You either know (remember) something already, or you don't. When something ripens in you, you'll see it reflected back to you in everything... possibly even in hokey cult movies. You'll live it, not just "know" it.

If you don't remember, then... well...

"Therefore, there is in Zen nothing to explain, nothing to teach, that will add to your knowledge. Unless it grows out of yourself no knowledge is really yours, it is only a borrowed plumage." - Suzuki
  •  

Chynna

I have seen the light!!!!!!!

And then I realized it was just the power button on the TV!!!
I was still awe inspired becaused I realized I had the ability to end the movie prematurely!

Chynna
  •