Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I am extremely confused, help?

Started by Jasonk16, July 21, 2008, 02:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasonk16

and not sure how to ask what I'd like to know.

i got my first presciption on friday
picked up a vial of T which was a 3 months supply he said.
Ended up picking up the needles the next day.
Got my first shot on saturday.
I'm going back to see my Endo in 2.5 months

I'm a little afraid I won't have enough to last me til I get another presciption.
Can you buy as many vials as you'd like with a presciption?

I can't really buy more than one..it's 112.99 and I don't think my dads insurance covers it.

Anyways...do you have to go see your endo every few months and get a new presciption or what?
I seriously have no idea how it works.

I'm so worried/stressed about it and missing a dose.
  •  

trannyboy

Stop that, 112 dollars is excessive, 20-40 is more along the lines of normal. You can only get what the doctor prescribes. If you aren't sure PM me and write out exactly what the script or prescription label says, call your doctor or pharmacist and ask. It should say if you have repeats though on a first prescription it is unlikely you have repeats. You can't get the last dose out so don't bother. Don't try to mix half a dose from each vial, it is dangerous and you can't tell which one is the problem if something goes wrong.

Once things are settled and your using a stable dose, your regular doctor can prescribe it. Your GP can prescribe it either way but they might be trying to figure out your dose still. Try submitting the receipt to your dad's insurance if you are comfortable. You never know they may cover it. Seriously though that is way too expensive but pharmacies in the states can charge whatever people will pay. Call around and get estimates from other pharmacies. If no is better PM and I will send you list of compounders who can make it cheaply and send it to you.

>-bleeped-<boy
  •  

Kevin

I know it's not as cheap as getting it from some places mail order, but ... if you have a Giant Eagle with a pharmacy around you, they're the cheapest place that I found in real life for T without insurance. I paid about $80 for a vial.
  •  

Osiris

Are you sure you're doing the right dosage? Your doctor should have calculated how much you'd need by what dosage you're on. Make sure you follow the dosage and unless your doctor has poor math skills you should be fine.

As far as prescriptions go they'll prescribe a certain amount that should last during a period of time. So if your prescription was just for that first vial then you'll need a new prescription to get a new one. If you have an on going prescription, like one vial for every 3 months for 2 years, as long as it's not past the deadline or reached the limit of how many vials are on the prescription, you can pick up a new one at anytime.
अगणित रूप अनुप अपारा | निर्गुण सांगुन स्वरप तुम्हारा || नहिं कछु भेद वेद अस भासत | भक्तन से नहिं अन्तर रखत
  •  

Elwood

WHOA.

Three month's supply is about $100? Is that really true?

If that's so, it's WAY cheaper than I thought it was. I was thinking this stuff was gonna cost more than a month of gasoline or something.
  •  

J.T.

I got my first vial at Costco for aprox $68.  I used it for three months.

Got my second at Stroehecker's for $55 (includes shipping) and they give you all the gear you need.

You should probably make it, if you don't and are getting too low for your comfort call your endo and ask for a refill.
  •  

Elwood

Quote from: J.T. on July 21, 2008, 10:05:21 PMI got my first vial at Costco for aprox $68.  I used it for three months.

Got my second at Stroehecker's for $55 (includes shipping) and they give you all the gear you need.
COSTCO? Wait a second, it was still a pharmacy, right?

Wow. This is fantastic. It's really much cheaper than I thought. This sounds very possible. People were acting like it was $500 a month or something.
  •  

J.T.

yeah, ours have pharmacies in them.  Don't know if all of them do.
  •  

Elwood

Thanks for the info, though. I'm tremendously relieved about the cost of T.
  •  

Jasonk16

Quote from: J.T. on July 21, 2008, 10:05:21 PM
I got my first vial at Costco for aprox $68.  I used it for three months.

You should probably make it, if you don't and are getting too low for your comfort call your endo and ask for a refill.

How do you get it at Stroehecker's?
and how do you show your prescription to them and all that?
And...lol
How long does it take to ship?

Sorry, If I can get it for half the price I am now, I'd really like your help.
Thank you.
  •  

trannyboy

For goodness sake my Androgel was like 150 a month and that was by far the most expensive. Now I pay about 250 for a year of DHT and testosterone pellets; my first set cost more but the next will be compounded. For instance the T costs about 20-30 a gram and the DHT cost 100 dollars a gram.

>-bleeped-<boy
  •  

Benjamin

I get mine at a Walmart pharmacy.  My insurance covers it.  Weird, though, is that Walmart says, that, by law, they can't give more than one month's supply at a time.  When they process my prescription, a notice about the law pops up on their computers.  I wonder if this is a state law?
  •  

Dennis

Wow, that is way expensive. Mine's $30 a vial, including dispensing fee. And a vial is a 10 week supply for me (although the last week you can't get the full dose out). I get my shots at the doctor's office and the nurse takes the last dose from the bottle and tops it up with the new bottle. It doesn't go off, so I can't see why there's a problem, as long as bottle #2 is the same stuff as bottle #1.

Try shopping around. That seems outrageously high. Although I'm in Canada, so maybe it costs less here.

Oh, and at first the endo might want to see you every few months just to monitor, but eventually they'll probably just give you a renewable prescription. I think mine saw me every few months for a year. Now I just get blood tests annually with my checkup at my GP's.

Dennis
  •  

trannyboy

Dennis mixing doses from different vials is potentially dangerous. Testosterone can and does expire. It is rare but problems can happen from manufacturing to you, or improper handling can contaminate it. If you mix doses and something goes wrong you won't be able to tell why or how it happened. You also contaminate the new vial by sticking a needle in one and then the other. Some medical professionals don't care about the risk but it is your body. I think you should decide.

>-bleeped-<boy
  •  

J.T.

QuoteHow do you get it at Stroehecker's?
and how do you show your prescription to them and all that?
And...lol
How long does it take to ship?

Sorry, If I can get it for half the price I am now, I'd really like your help.
Thank you.

my doc faxed it in... i called and set everything up after.  they were really helpful and told me that i didn't have any refills so i needed to call my doc ahead of next time.  they said 3-4 days (i called on a friday) and i got my T on Tuesday.
  •  

Laura91

Quote from: Benjamin on July 22, 2008, 05:58:30 AM
I get mine at a Walmart pharmacy.  My insurance covers it.  Weird, though, is that Walmart says, that, by law, they can't give more than one month's supply at a time.  When they process my prescription, a notice about the law pops up on their computers.  I wonder if this is a state law?

Well, I have heard about Wal-mart doing this to people in different states, so I don't think that it is a state law. I think that it is just some idiotic policy that wal-mart themselves have. That's one of many reasons why I would never get my scripts from them.
  •  

Benjamin

Quote from: Laura91 on July 22, 2008, 08:51:51 AM
Well, I have heard about Wal-mart doing this to people in different states, so I don't think that it is a state law. I think that it is just some idiotic policy that wal-mart themselves have. That's one of many reasons why I would never get my scripts from them.

Hmm.  Interesting.  Thanks for the info!
  •  

Lachlann

Quote from: Dennis on July 22, 2008, 06:21:18 AM
Wow, that is way expensive. Mine's $30 a vial, including dispensing fee. And a vial is a 10 week supply for me (although the last week you can't get the full dose out). I get my shots at the doctor's office and the nurse takes the last dose from the bottle and tops it up with the new bottle. It doesn't go off, so I can't see why there's a problem, as long as bottle #2 is the same stuff as bottle #1.

Try shopping around. That seems outrageously high. Although I'm in Canada, so maybe it costs less here.

Oh, and at first the endo might want to see you every few months just to monitor, but eventually they'll probably just give you a renewable prescription. I think mine saw me every few months for a year. Now I just get blood tests annually with my checkup at my GP's.

Dennis
I'm from Canada as well and I think we do have it cheaper here.

I also believe its covered by OHIP now.
Don't be scared to fly alone, find a path that is your own
Love will open every door it's in your hands, the world is yours
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers will unfold
What are you waiting for, spread your wings and soar
  •  

kestin

Testosterone (injectable) is subsidised by the Government in New Zealand... when I found out how cheap it was, I was literally gob smacked!

$20 dollars for three months without Community Services Card
$3 dollars with one.

That's $1 per month... or 0.745669 US Dollars.

WIN.
  •  

Elwood

Yeah. I'd imagine transition would be cheaper/easier in other countries...
  •