Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Yoga

Started by LostInTime, August 04, 2007, 02:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTime

I have just recently (today) started doing some basic yoga moves and let me tell ya, it does the body good. I hope to combine them with my now normal stretching and morning exercise routine. Eventually I will get back into pilates but I currently do not have the room. Yoga though is very versatile.

Anyone else do yoga?
  •  

Kat

I did yoga with my mom for a little bit, but I stopped.  Partially because I got bored with it, and partially because my mom is best friends with my 5th grade teacher and she does yoga with her.  It was a little weird for me to do yoga with my 5th grade teacher...
  •  

LostInTime

I had a sixth grade teacher that I would not have.... getting off track. LOL

I actually used to go to aerobics classes with my mother when I was a teenager.

The yoga thing I just thought about this AM so I searched for some basics and found a few on the about.com website. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Posted on: August 04, 2007, 17:47:20

Will Yoga Help Me Lose Weight?
  •  

Valkyrie

I tired yoga a few times but I'm really inflexible because of an old injury. :(

I do pilates for toning, and basic cardio for exercise.  As for the mental aspects of yoga, I've been meditating for years. ^_^

•  

Melissa-kitty

I do the Bikram series everyday. I credit it with giving me flexibility, back strength, and the courage and clarity of mind to change my life. Good stuff.. heartily recommended!
Namaste, Tara
  •  

lisagurl

Anything to get the mind to realize the body feeling in the "now" time will make one aware of pleasure.
  •  

LisaElizabeth

My wife and I do a 'Yoga for Fitness' class, it has helped reshape both of us aand you really do work up a sweat doing 'sun-salutations' by changing poses with every breath.
  We have been doing it for 3 years and it has truly been beneficial.
  Lisa Elizabeth
  •  

Bethany W

I do a little kundalini yoga at home every now and then. It does wonders. I have joint pains normally, but when I do yoga I dont have them for atleast a couple days.
  •  

myles

Tried yoga a complete disaster, more of a weights person. I definitely have a new respect for people who do yoga, or even attempt it!
Myles
"A life lived in fear is a life half lived"
  •  

tekla

More of a Thi Chi person myself.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •