Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

DIY Hair Color

Started by findingreason, September 14, 2008, 02:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

findingreason

I just bought a hair dye to change my hair color, but I don't have anyone to help me put it in right now, and I was wondering since this is only my second time, if I should have someone help me, like I did the first time I dyed it? I don't want to mess my hair up or anything ::).

Any general advice, or hints, and suggestions to go along with this too?

•  

Jay

It depends on how long/thick your hair is to be honest.  Also it depends on what colour you are going. What your dying your hair for covering grey hair, roots?

If its short like and thin then one bottle should suffice. But if its thick use two! I haven't screwed up yet with this method. I used to have shoulder length hair and I used two bottles as I have thick hair. Just make sure you start at the back and work to the front getting every little hair around your hair done too as other people will really see it. Also if you get it on your skin be sure to wipe it off too.

This is only my personal experience I have gone through many hair colours, and had a few disaster too but luckily learnt from them. I enjoy styling my hair and colouring it. I have all the different types of hair products in the top of my wardrobe its really amazing! The money I must have spent!

•  

Alexandra

Separate your hair into sections and from the roots start squirting the color onto the hair.  Pull it out into your ends with your fingers, making sure wherever you've placed the dye that the hair around it is completely coated.  Use a hand held mirror and a bathroom mirror to check the back and sides.  When you've completely covered each section, if you have any dye left squirt it all over and rub it in, then cover with a plastic cap and let sit for the specified time.  Rinse and condition! 
  •