Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

So far, so good

Started by findingreason, August 16, 2008, 01:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

findingreason

So, I feel like I need to share my progress, though it is just the tip of the iceberg. I have come out to about half a dozen SOs, and so far I haven't been disowned, or crushed yet. My mother found out by complete accident. Basically, she was the first anticipated problem in my path, and I was right.

I wanted to pass on some of what I hope is helpful to others just coming out. I learned observation is the key to coming out. I am carefully getting open conversations with SOs I am considering coming out to. I almost always enter discrimination, and we talk a little bit, then carefully find out what they think of gay people, as a starter, to find out how sensitive they are. And, I realized this to, follow your instincts, they will take you in the right direction.

•  

Aiden

Yeh, though have found some people seem more accpeting of transgender than gay..  which I think is weird, but something keep in mind
Every day we pass people, do we see them or the mask they wear?
If you live under a mask long enough, does it eventually break or wear down?  Does it become part you?  Maybe alone, they are truly themselves?  Or maybe they have forgotten or buried themselves so long, they forget they are not a mask?
  •  

deviousxen

Thats good. Good luck on the rest of this quest....
  •  

NicholeW.

Quote from: Aiden on August 16, 2008, 02:17:01 AM
Yeh, though have found some people seem more accpeting of transgender than gay..  which I think is weird, but something keep in mind

Perhaps, as long as you aren't in bed with them if they are guys. :) Then they will often enough think you've made them gay if you were MTF.

Instinct/Intutition isn't a bad way of going at all. Generally all they are is observation that is often unconsciously done. The brain takes in a heck of a lot more than we are aware of. And our instinct is generally just processed knowledge that's been stored beneath our conscious thinking.

Nichole
  •  

sneakersjay

I just came out to my best friend IRL and she's also very supportive and understanding and is open to learning more.  So far it's been a non-issue.  I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Jay

•