Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Transsexuals are not acceptable (letters to the editor)

Started by Natasha, July 31, 2008, 10:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natasha

Transsexuals are not acceptable

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/7/31/focus/21961419&sec=focus
7/31/2008

While we do not argue on the different inclinations of these people and the fact that "they cannot help being that way", we certainly cannot make it acceptable or legal.
  •  

gravitysrainbow

I'm only 18, and I've heard all of those arguments refuted over and over again. I especially love the "every society ever everrr in a million bazillion years says it's bad omg!" comment. The writer has very clearly done no research on transsexuality. And to say we must rely on the opinions of doctors and counselors, while not realizing that the entire letter is trampling on the findings of many/most doctors and counselors informed in the issue...priceless.
  •  

NicholeW.

QuoteMs Tan and those who share her views on this subject must be reminded that refuting one's sexuality at birth is condemned by all religions as well as all civilised and decent traditions in millenniums of recorded history.

Countries around the world which have legalised homosexual and transsexual behaviour have consequently suffered a very steep decline in moral standards that in turn has led to the breakdown of the solid family structure and the isolation of the individual.

It is an inevitable part of imperial pretension. Empires sough the seeds of their own decline as they are building. But, one's sexuality and gender are hardly the harbingers of cultural decline. Instead look to the wealth that flows into said empire and the way it's ruling and supervisory classes handle that. They tend to become lax and more interested in making a trove than in maintain whatever vestiges of political and economic power they onece had. The entire "Reagan Revolution" was a case in point. The tax-cuts simply made it more efficacious for large companies to buy-out smaller ones rather than pouring money into their existing infrastructures and plants.

The flow of wealth became more and more restricted and the "middle-class" began to disappear. Along with them went the dedication to "service" in the hopes of making it to a place on the pinnacle.

Happened in USA, Spain, England, France, Rome, Greece, Carthage, Crete, Egypt, Assyria, Persia, Babylon, various Chinese dynasties and Japan. It invariably occurs. It's a part, evidently, of human nature to increase luxury and decrease commitment to more ascetic ways that were valued in the building of the empires. And it will continue to happen, long after we are dead.

Transsexuality and homosexuality have nothing at all to do with it.

Nichole
  •  

tekla

Though I agree that sexual issues have little to do with it, nor gender, the fall of Empire tend to result from Imperial Overreach, the stretching of commitments beyond what they can sustain and begin to fray at the edges. 

Many Empires live for a long time in luxury, other nations do luxury without empire, the fall seems to be military based, rather than luxury (or taxed) based.

However as the eminent historian Will Durant once said, "Roman matrons would tell their sons 'come back with you shield, or on it.'  As that tradition declined, so did Rome."
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Stealthgrrl

If it weren't for the fact that so many people believe tripe like this, this article would be hilarious. It is so over the top. Terrorism? And here I thought that was a product of intolerance and zealotry.

Like Kris Kristofferson sang:

Everybody's got to have somebody to look down on,
Who they can feel better than at any time they please;
Someone doin' something dirty, decent folks can frown on,
If you can't find nobody else, help yourself to me.
Help yourself, reverend...

"Jesus Was A Capricorn" by Kris Kristofferson

•  

Lisbeth

QuoteMs Tan and those who share her views on this subject must be reminded that refuting one's sexuality at birth is condemned by all religions as well as all civilised and decent traditions in millenniums of recorded history.

Of course this is true when you believe that only the spiritual traditions that agree with you are religions and the rest are cults.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

Aiden

QuoteCountries around the world which have legalised homosexual and transsexual behaviour have consequently suffered a very steep decline in moral standards that in turn has led to the breakdown of the solid family structure and the isolation of the individual.

...from lonely people who see society as alien, strange and identify it as an enemy.

We wouldn't be lonely, or have problems with society, or have so much breakdown of family if we were accepted within society!  DOI!!!   Idiot don't know what he is talking about.
Every day we pass people, do we see them or the mask they wear?
If you live under a mask long enough, does it eventually break or wear down?  Does it become part you?  Maybe alone, they are truly themselves?  Or maybe they have forgotten or buried themselves so long, they forget they are not a mask?
  •  

soldierjane

Quote from: gravitysrainbow on July 31, 2008, 01:31:02 PM
I'm only 18, and I've heard all of those arguments refuted over and over again. I especially love the "every society ever everrr in a million bazillion years says it's bad omg!" comment. The writer has very clearly done no research on transsexuality. And to say we must rely on the opinions of doctors and counselors, while not realizing that the entire letter is trampling on the findings of many/most doctors and counselors informed in the issue...priceless.

What Mike said. Can I have more old chestnuts please?
  •  

mickie88

these are the people who need educated but refuse it. i think those that have a problem with us should be sent to the moon to live, so that they don't have to worry about us corrupting them!!! ;D

Warrior Princess Mickie
  •  

Sephirah

And they said that monkeys with typewriters would eventually produce the works of Shakespeare... obviously not. ::)

Terrorism comes from zealous, gibbering buffoons with no tolerance of other people's cultures. Criminality comes from the assumption that others are 'fair game'. And all types of physical and mental abuse... well, perhaps that stems from a person's belief that their victim is beneath them and somehow deserving of such abuse.

Gee, who does that sound like? Nope, doesn't sound like the mindset of the author at all. :-X

I think whoever wrote that must have recieved a vicious kick to the head by the high horse they were sat on.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

tekla

Sadly, many posters have just as paper thin cartoon understanding of terrorism as the author of the article does. 
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •