Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

i'm new here and i need your help

Started by mssnglv, September 09, 2008, 02:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mssnglv

Hi everyone. This is my first time to post here. Actually, i don't know how to start my story as i feel like i am drowning in problems. But, first i'd like to apologize for my bad english as it's not my native language.

I am from Egypt and i am 19 years old. I have always lived my life(till now) in a male body, but i have the feelings of a female. This is something i have felt since i was very young. i have always hated being described as a male. i hated that i have hair on my body. I should mention that i am a Muslim. And in Islam, changing one's gender is a big sin. Also, it's almost impossible to find someone here with whom i can talk about my problems. And after a period of struggle with myself, i have come to that i don't want to change my gender as it's against my religion. i decided to consider what i am going through as a test from God to test my obedience. i mean that i can live with the fact that no one is going to love me through my entire life. But the problem i have now is my female feelings; i don't know how to deal with people. i don't have friends though i love to have friends. But, i am  afraid my secret would be exposed in a society were people have no tolerance for these issues. I'd like to give an example to clarify my point. My university colleagues would ,for example, go to spend the summer vacation in a place where they can swim and, when they invite me to come with them, i have to refuse, because i don't like how i look with the hair on my body and i feel that if i go to the beach everyone would be looking at me. My point is that my masculine look makes me think twice before doing anything in my life.

And though all of this, i decided to deprive myself from enjoying my time and decided to focus on my studies, and may be when i do so, i 'll somehow stop thinking about my female feelings. But, still remains one problem that i can't get out of my mind, now, which is that in Egypt, all males are required to serve in a compulsory military service(i mean the army). And for me, to enter the army is a nightmare, as males themselves dislike the way they are treated inside it and seach for different means to escape it. i mean i'll be treated like males inside there. How am i supposed to live there where males have showers infront of each other and i can't stand to take my clothes off infront of a male. Not to mention that military life is very hard even for males.

i felt very disappointed, i didn't know what to do. God, i can't even commit suicide,it's forbidden in islam(In islam , if someone commits suicide , it's equivalent that he/she doesnot believe in God). i thought may be i should seek asylum but i don't know if i qualify for it. Also, if it's possible,  i don't know how i am going to finish my studies. Meanwhile, the military service is postponed until i finish my study, but once i finish, i'll have to join the army and i'll be banned from travelling abroad until i finish my service period.

So, i searched , and i knew that i can avoid joining the army if i have a dual citizenship, which i don't have. And since i knew that, i have been searching the internet for any opportunity to get the nationality of any other country than Egypt, and so i would disqualify from entering the army. Really, i don't know what to say, i feel like i am alone in this world. Please if anyone have a solution to my problem, please help me...

i apologize for the long post and i thank everyone who read it. i want to say that despite my problems, finding this place makes me feel somehow happy that i found people with whom i can talk about my problems. Thank you all for providing this place.
  •  

Chrissty

Hi Mssnglv,

Welcome to Susan's, I hope you can find something here that will help with your difficult problem.

I am not a Muslim, but I am interested in your faith. Possibly you could help me with this question...

Maybe I mis-understood what I have read of your faith, but I was under the impression that the sin was to cross-dress an impersonate the opposite sex, therefore living a lie; but that it was acceptable to change your physical sex to match your brain gender if your belief was strong enough. This would generally mean that the act of changing physical sex would have to be the first thing you do, rather than the last thing as commonly talked about here, and you would not be changing gender in the eyes of God.

Maybe you could give me better advise on this matter..

Chrissty

Please.. I am genuinely interested in your view on this.

•  

Kaitlyn

Most Muslims, Jews, and Christians seem to agree that changing your sex is a sin, but I've honestly never seen supporting evidence.  In fact, I know that the Iranian government actually pays for sex-change operations - not all Muslims are agreed on its sinfulness.

Well, whatever your decision, this is a place where you can be yourself.  Welcome to Susans'!
"The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled."
— Plutarch
  •  

Liann

Hello Chrissty, (nice girl's name that you picked for yourself).

I am no expert on Egypt or Arab culture, but I did notice on a wikipedia article on transsexualism that the Arabs are one of there living cultures with centuries-old history of accepting a third sex.

Looking it up right now I am led to this article on Mukhannathun...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mukhannathun
QuoteMukhannathun (Arabic مخنثون "effeminate ones", "men who resemble women", singular mukhannath) are gender-variant (typically male-to-female transsexual) persons of the Islamic faith who are accepted within the boundaries of Islam.

You would want to read the whole article at the link.

Also a link on the page led to this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khanith

QuoteKhanith
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Khanith (Arabic: خنيث‎, variant transcription Xanith) is a vernacular Arabic term for both standard written Arabic mukhannath and khuntha. The Arabic word Mukhannath مخنث (literally "effeminate") refers to individuals with a gender identity that is discordant with their visible sexual organs. They are characterized as "effeminate", "not clearly male," and as people who were "born as a male" and who nevertheless feel, behave, and (in most cases) dress like a female. The Arabic word Khuntha خنثى (literally "hermaphrodite") refers to intersex people.

John Money summarizes material presented by U. Wikan in an article entitled "Man becomes woman: Transsexualism in Oman as a key to gender roles." (Man (N.S.) 12:304-319, 1977.) According to that account, the khanith is the gynecomimetic partner in a homosexual relationship. A gynecomimetic individual may retain his public status as a man, despite his departure in dress and behavior from a socio-normal male role, providing that he also gives proof of a legal marriage to a woman and proof of having consummated that marriage. The clothing of these individuals must be intermediate between that of a male and a female. His social role includes the freedom to associate with women in the entire range of their social interactions, including singing with them at a wedding (instead of playing a musical instrument as would a male), but he can travel about unaccompanied as would a male, live unaccompanied, be hired as a domestic servant, and to be hired by men as a prostitute. There is no element of feminizing the body, either by surgical or pharmacological means.

(See: John Money, Lovemaps, Prometheus Book, 1993. ISBN 0-87975-456-7.)

Here's a bit of history regarding third sex in Egypt...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_gender

QuoteEgypt

Inscribed pottery shards from the Middle Kingdom of Egypt (2000-1800 BCE), found near ancient Thebes (now Luxor, Egypt), list three human genders: tai (male), sḫt ("sekhet") and hmt (female).[50] Sḫt is often translated as "eunuch", although there is little evidence that such individuals were castrated.[51]

TS-Dating.com has a large number of ads from Egypt, both T-girls and their admirers, although there's a lot of prostitution solicitation in the ads. It may not be the moral playground that you seek. Still, it is evidence that there's room for your self-expression in Egypt.
  •  

Flan Princess

Quote from: mssnglvBut, first i'd like to apologize for my bad english as it's not my native language.
Your english is fine, in fact it is better then many americans. ;)

Quote from: Nephie on September 09, 2008, 03:27:58 PM
In fact, I know that the Iranian government actually pays for sex-change operations - not all Muslims are agreed on its sinfulness.
When I read Chrissty's response, I immediately thought this also, but I then remembered that (supposedly) it was put in place to "reform" homosexuals into "normal", "heterosexual" people.

Anyways, mssnglv, welcome to Susan's
  •  

Chrissty

Hi Liann,

Thank you for the compliment and the information. I guess I stand corrected and will do a little more reading on your links.

I do hope we are not confusing mssnglv, as I presume these avenues have been explored.

Chrissty

•  

NicholeW.

Welcome to Susan's, Mssnglv,

Please take some time to read The Site Rules and on The Main Page you can discover Links, Chat and Wiki for your use as well. You might also want to go to the "Announcements" section and read the two posts "Post Ranks" and "Reputation Rules" to help you with some knowledge about when you can apply your own avatars, PM, and what those lil stars mean beneath all of our names and how to get them for yourself as well!! :)

It's great to have you here! :) Enjoy your stay.

Nichole
  •  

Janet_Girl

Hi mssnglv,

Welcome to our little family. Over 1800 strong. That would be one heck of a family reunion. Feel free to post your successes/failures, Hopes/dreams.  Ask questions and seek answers.  Give and receive advice.

But remember we are family here, your family now.  And it is always nice to have another sister.

I personally don't care what ones religion says about gender identity.  We need to be who God made us to be and God made us this way for a reason.  I am Ojibwa, which is native American.  And in most Native American Tribes, we are special people.  We are worshiped by our people.

You are alway welcomed here and you can be open with us.

Janet

•