Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

When will it get better.......?

Started by trapthavok, September 15, 2008, 07:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapthavok

I feel as though nothing's going right in my life at this point....

Or at least I can't remember exactly what is.

I moved to an apartment? I'm on my own? Great.
I have to buy my own food, among other things, and I am almost broke from trying to cover everything.
My parents are too deeply in debt to ever be able to help me.
I burned my roommate's pot, so I will have to buy her a new one, and finally buy my own pots which I cannot afford. She probably hates me now anyway. Bad. Bad. and Worse.

I have a bunch of friends that I didn't used to have? Great.
I have no one I feel close enough to confide in or talk to when I'm hurting like I am now.
I have no shoulder to cry on.
I have no one who wants me as more than a friend, no matter how many of them I ask. Bad. Bad. Shi@!y.

I have a group assignment for the whole class in my tv production class, so everyone can pitch in. Good.
Only me and one girl are actually doing any work.
I reserved video cameras and sacrificed my next two weekends for this bull, and only one other person has volunteered to help me.
I still have to do my individual assignment due in 2 weeks and the stupid student producers have not gotten back to me, I have no one to be my actors, and I have no idea where I'm going to film it. Horrible. Awful. F*cked.

I'm a senior in college, it's almost over! Finally...
I am a "girl" in school, and no one calls me Nate except for friends....
I have a recognizable face that people always seem to remember, and I am afraid someone will be in one of my classes next semester when I go as Nate and recognize me, bust me....
I hate this.

For every good, I can think of three or more bad things.

I know it gets better...I HOPE it gets better...

But I feel so horrible right now. It's like nothing's going right for me...

Note: There's much more on my mind than those 3 major issues, but I don't feel like typing out all my problems right now. The post would be far too long.
  •  

Nero

hey Nate. Don't really have any advice or anything as I'm asking the same question myself!  :laugh:
But I'm here to listen if you want.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

kephalopod

Sometimes all you can do is take it one day at a time.

For me, it helps to focus on one problem at a time - figure out what I can do to make it better, and make a plan to deal with it as much as I can. Then move on to the next problem. Once I have a strategy, it doesn't look as overwhelming. (Your mileage may vary, of course.)

End of college/ beginning of post-college life is just rough in general. It does get better.
  •  

trapthavok

Quote from: kephalopod on September 15, 2008, 09:40:39 PM
Sometimes all you can do is take it one day at a time.

For me, it helps to focus on one problem at a time - figure out what I can do to make it better, and make a plan to deal with it as much as I can. Then move on to the next problem. Once I have a strategy, it doesn't look as overwhelming. (Your mileage may vary, of course.)

End of college/ beginning of post-college life is just rough in general. It does get better.

That's a good way of looking at it.

Quote from: Nero on September 15, 2008, 07:37:55 PM
hey Nate. Don't really have any advice or anything as I'm asking the same question myself!  :laugh:
But I'm here to listen if you want.

That's ok Nero :) It makes me feel slightly better to know that these feelings are not bound by age in any means.
  •  

iFindMeHere

Quote from: trapthavok on September 16, 2008, 12:23:12 PM

That's ok Nero :) It makes me feel slightly better to know that these feelings are not bound by age in any means.

i'm almost thirty. I DEFINITELY feel you right now.
  •