News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I hate her!

Started by trapthavok, October 05, 2008, 11:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapthavok

I'm tired of trying to be "Mr. Nice guy"

I've officially HAD IT with my little sister. I loved her to death, but got nothing in return but her being a b@$#$ to me 24/7 and you know what? I'm tired of it.

She told me herself last night that the reason she acts so horribly to me nowadays is because I was a bad big [sibling] when we were kids, always getting her into trouble, excluding her from playing with me and our cousins.... So now she's "paying me back WITH INTEREST."

I thought she was just being a b$%&@ cause she's finally hit 17 and I recognize the anti-social signs within her because I was there not too long ago, and she'd grow out of it, and we'd go back to being the best of friends. Because we WERE best friends at some point after our childhood, I thought she'd maybe forgiven me. HOPED she'd forgiven me. We did used to be GREAT friends. But now she's just a b$%^@

Truth is, according to her, that the reason she still remembers all the things I did to her so clearly is because she holds a grudge against me. People are not allowed to change in her eyes. I'm not allowed to be sorry for something I did at age 7, when I didn't know any better. I have apologized so many times and wished she would get over childhood and move on. I mean, who is fully responsible for their actions at age 7? I didn't know any better! And i WAS sorry!

I'm not sorry anymore. I'm not waiting for her to get over it anymore. She is a bonafied ^$%@! and I'm tired of trying to be her friend and trying to be nice to her.

She does things to me now just for the hell of it and I'm tired of loving someone who doesn't give a sh5t about me because they're so focused on getting revenge for something that happened so long ago.
  •  

Arch

Nate, I'm sorry she's been such a sh**. I hope she isn't telling the truth. If she is, then this seems a very strange reason for acting the way she is. Unless you were a budding Jeffrey Dahmer when you were a kid (and it's quite clear that you weren't), why would she be carrying this with her into her late adolescence?

Then again, she could be lying because she doesn't know why she's doing it. Or she could be embarrassed to say the real reason. Is one of these a possibility?

"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

Jay

Quotewhen we were kids, always getting her into trouble,
Dont we all act like that at sometime when we are little with our siblings.

QuoteShe does things to me now just for the hell of it and I'm tired of loving someone who doesn't give a sh5t about me because they're so focused on getting revenge for something that happened so long ago.

I think you just need to let her get on with being a bish in reality she hasn't oversly matured enough yet to realise that you cant help what you did when you where that little! Jesus I dont even remember what I did that long ago! You cant be help responsable for your actions like you said and I fully agree with you!

In my view leave her well alone for now!

•  

sd

It's likely just a phase.
  •  

trapthavok

Quote from: Leslie Ann on October 05, 2008, 03:23:32 PM
It's likely just a phase.

It's a phase she's been going through forever then it would seem. She's never forgotten ANYTHING I've done to her, she can still remember stuff that I certainly can't. She's 4 years younger than me, she shouldn't have memories from that long ago!

Quote from: Arch on October 05, 2008, 12:10:09 PM
Then again, she could be lying because she doesn't know why she's doing it. Or she could be embarrassed to say the real reason. Is one of these a possibility?

I highly doubt it. She's mentioned the things I've done to her since forever, I just didn't think she really hated me til she said it herself.

Quote from: Jay on October 05, 2008, 03:08:40 PM
Quotewhen we were kids, always getting her into trouble,
Dont we all act like that at sometime when we are little with our siblings.

YES.

Quote from: Jay on October 05, 2008, 03:08:40 PM
QuoteShe does things to me now just for the hell of it and I'm tired of loving someone who doesn't give a sh5t about me because they're so focused on getting revenge for something that happened so long ago.

I think you just need to let her get on with being a bish in reality she hasn't oversly matured enough yet to realise that you cant help what you did when you where that little! Jesus I dont even remember what I did that long ago! You cant be help responsable for your actions like you said and I fully agree with you!

In my view leave her well alone for now!

You ain't kidding man.
  •  

buttercup

Some people live in the past, your sister might be like that, unfortunately she will have a grudge that will last a life time. :(  But on the other hand, she could be going through a phase, you will soon know either way.
  •  

trapthavok

Quote from: buttercup on October 06, 2008, 03:32:33 AM
Some people live in the past, your sister might be like that, unfortunately she will have a grudge that will last a life time. :(  But on the other hand, she could be going through a phase, you will soon know either way.

I hope it's the latter and not the former, but things aren't looking up..
  •  

Elwood

It's your job as the older sibling not to let her childish >-bleeped-< get to you. My words would be, "You're seventeen years old and acting like this? You should be ashamed." And that would be it. I'd leave the room, or do something else, like what she did hadn't really bothered me (even though it did).

17 is bitch age for most girls (heck, and guys, too). It's an angsty age. You might have to wait for her to grow out of it. And maybe she never will. You've got to live like you don't know when she'll forgive you, but you need that hope to keep you going.
  •  

Nero

I had a lot of problems with my 3 years younger sister. She was a major drama queen and seriously blamed all her problems on my being Mom's favorite (which isn't true, my Mom don't play like that).
It got to the point where I just decided to let her win every argument and my quality of life improved a hell of a lot.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Kaitlyn

I feel your pain, I really do.  I've got a THIRTEEN-year older sister that hates my guts for no apparent reason and who scares the living daylights out of me.  She might be a little kid and half my age, but she's come after me with knives, and has attacked me while I was driving.  I heard a lot of that "it's a phase" crap before I moved out and my parents had to deal with her without me as a proxy.
"The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled."
— Plutarch
  •