Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

A new begining - Sort Of

Started by stephanie_craxford, July 28, 2005, 07:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

Tomorrow is a significant day.  It is the last day that I will be at work in my male looking shell.  After tomorrow I will be on one weeks vacation then on August 8th, I will return to work as Stephanie Craxford.  I have one person left to tell about Stephanie, and that is the new trainee who I've been training for the past week.  She wasn't a part of the company wide announcement about me, so I have to tell her before I leave as when I return we will still have one week of her training left, and I don't want it to be ackward.

The week I am on vacation will be spent visiting the different agencies to get ID cards, drivers license, and social security numbers sorted, along with others things.  I'm both nervous and excited about the whole thing, ok nervously excited  :)  Although everyone at work knows about my transition, there is that little fuzzy spot in my mind, maybe a little anxiety on how people will react when they finally see me.  I know I shouldn't be worried as there is nothing that anyone can do, no matter how they feel.  All just normal feelings I guess.

Also this weekend, my wife and I will be visiting her brother and his wife.  Her brother means a lot to me, I respect him, and love him dearly, more than my own brothers, our birthdays even fall on the same days, Feb 14th.  We have decided to tell them about my transition.  We both feel that they will be ok with it, but, you never know... we agree that there is nothing they can do about this so we're not going to let a negative response affect our lives.  The following week we have decided to tell her mom, and that's going to be hard.  I've been apart of the faimily for the past 38 years, 33 married to her daughter, so in reality she is my mother.  At 85 years old we're not sure how she will react, or even if she will understand, but we have to tell her, it's the right thing to do, and I/we believe that we have to be honest and up front with everyone. 

My wife and I spent most of the evening, sipping wine on the back deck, in the dead silence of the fields, and woodlands that suround our house.  With just the songs of the birds and the chirps of the frogs to serenade us as we chatted about the next couple of weeks, and what they had in store for us.  It's comforting to know that I will always have this to return to no matter what.

Steph
  •  

Maura Hartman

Bless you Stephanie! You will do quite well, we'll all be with you in the spirit of best wishes!
  •  

Dennis

Congratulations Stephanie, I look forward to hearing the wonderful stories about your transition at work and the family members' acceptance.

How great to have your ID all line up too. Big project!

Dennis
  •  

Lacey Lynne

Steph, as I've said, you SO inspire me.  May I do as well transitioning as you have.  By the way, Ontario is beautiful, but it's simply too cold for me.  I'm in Tampa, Florida, USA.  My idea of good weather is blistering sunshine, 95 degrees in the shade and a nice breeze!

Anyway, you're awesome, Steph!

Hugs!
Believe.  Persist.  Arrive.    :D

Julie Vu (Princess Joules) Rocks!  "Hi, Sunshine Sparkle Faces!" she says!
  •