Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

After Debate, Glare Of Media Hits Joe

Started by NicholeW., October 17, 2008, 11:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicholeW.

After Debate, Glare Of Media Hits Joe
By Robert Barnes
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, October 17, 2008; Page A02

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/16/AR2008101603614.html?wpisrc=newsletter

"The real winner" of Wednesday night's debate, John McCain said yesterday at a campaign stop in Downingtown, Pa., "was Joe the Plumber."

That might depend on the definition of "winner."

... But the emergence of Joe has allowed the state of Ohio to locate the man it says owes nearly $1,200 in back taxes. His motives for confronting Sen. Barack Obama at a campaign stop in his neighborhood earlier this week are the subject of intense Internet speculation. The city of Toledo is preparing a letter to his employer seeking to determine whether he is violating city codes, and the plumbers union is on his tail.

•  

lisagurl

As the loser John McCain did not check things out before he keep bringing him up. I suppose every Joe six-pack never checks things out.  I wish the news would check out bills passed in congress as carefully. But then again they have no entertainment value , or do they?
  •  

RebeccaFog

joe the plumber's head looked like something that would shatter asteroids upon impact.

He is very strange. But I think he believes that everyone should pay the same percentage in taxes despite their earnings.  That's fine, but then he mischaracterized his conversation by saying Obama got slippery with his answer. I thought the mighty O (yes, he allows me to call him that) was perfectly clear and reasonable.
  •