Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Womens wide shoes

Started by Karma86, December 23, 2008, 09:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karma86

Hey all , I am currently having an issue in finding boots / shoes / sandals for women that have slightly wider feet . All the shoes I ever see at stores like aldo or payless seem to go for people who have such narrow feet . I would like to know if anyone here in toronto knows of any stores here that are transgender friendly and are also able to provide me with any foot wear for wide feet around size 10 - 12 womens . Thanks .
  •  

Sandy

Quote from: Karma86 on December 23, 2008, 09:33:04 AM
Hey all , I am currently having an issue in finding boots / shoes / sandals for women that have slightly wider feet . All the shoes I ever see at stores like aldo or payless seem to go for people who have such narrow feet . I would like to know if anyone here in toronto knows of any stores here that are transgender friendly and are also able to provide me with any foot wear for wide feet around size 10 - 12 womens . Thanks .

I personally stay away from the "Trans-Friendly" shops.  Many of them are fetish wear and have either outrageously high heels or outrageously high prices.

I too have wide/long feet (12W women) and have had so little success finding shoes at local shops that I usually just buy from online sources.

Payless online has quite reasonable shoes in a variety of sizes at very good prices.  Zappos, too, have just about every style in multiple wide sizes.  Though they can be a bit pricey, their quality is good and they have near instant gratification (standard overnight shipping!).

Also, it isn't that unusual for women to have large/wide feet.  It really isn't a problem to go into a store and ask the sales person for their wide selection.

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Rita Irene

Payless shoes online...

they go to 13 extra wide, some cute shoes and cheap too, they will ship to your door
  •  

Rita Irene

oops! you both said payless....how did I miss that? :-\
  •  

Chrissty

For the girls in the UK we have an excellent source for wide shoes and boots to size 10 (12 US) in most of our towns called "Evans"; the wide ladies sizes virtually match the mens sizes over here.

They ship worldwide too....  ;)

I've not found a store that isn't trans freindly yet, the shoes start from as little as £15 ($22) for pumps and a pair of calf length boots I bought a month ago cost £30($45).

...Also if you still are too nervous to ask to try them on, many stores do pairs on hangers so you can look bored and grab your size in "boy mode" on a busy day, and take them to the checkout for "The Girlfreind".....wasn't that sweet of you to buy them for her ;D

Exchange and refund is also good if you find the size wrong afterwards (except sale items).

Chrissty
  •  

Kourtney

Sorry to do a minor thread-jacking, but its along the lines of descussion. I was wondering if anyone might know where one could find some very large shoes. I wear a size 16 mens which as i understand it would be about 17-18 in womens but i cannot find any shoes that big. Do you guys and gals know where one might find shoes this large? i would appreciate any suggestions.
  •  

Rita Irene

Quote from: Kourtney on December 29, 2008, 01:07:11 PM
Sorry to do a minor thread-jacking, but its along the lines of descussion. I was wondering if anyone might know where one could find some very large shoes. I wear a size 16 mens which as i understand it would be about 17-18 in womens but i cannot find any shoes that big. Do you guys and gals know where one might find shoes this large? i would appreciate any suggestions.

gawd, Ive tried for decent 15 or 16 with no luck...I wish you the best
  •  

justme303

here in new zealand we have a shop called number 1 shoe warehouse, i have a friend with size 11 feet and they have a decent selection for her... might go a little higher in size. The shoes are $30-$40 NZD which would probably be less than $20 USD especially the way the NZD is falling right now... I do wonder if you could order from there online?
  •  

danielleca

In Canada (and maybe the US) some of the "Tall Girl Shop" (Tallgirl / Tallcrest) stores also have a large shoe selection in plus widths.

danielle

Quote from: Karma86 on December 23, 2008, 09:33:04 AM
  •  

glendagladwitch

Quote from: Kourtney on December 29, 2008, 01:07:11 PM

I think you may have to custom order them.  Try here, maybe?

http://www.siamleathergoods.com/custom/shoes.htm
  •  

Genevieve Swann

Sexy Shoes Inc. online has up size 15 womens shoes.