Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

T and E Levels

Started by shelleybear, October 20, 2008, 10:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelleybear

Hi,
I'm a self-medicating trans woman (pre-op).
I've been on estrogen for two years, and my current levels are:

T=62
E35

Are these any good, or should I be increasing my dosage?

Thanks in advance.

removed doseage
  •  

Sandy

Shelly:

Welcome to Susan's!  Please introduce your self in the introductions area.  We'd love to get to know you better!

Please check out our site guidelines.  Discussion about dosages and acquiring medications are strictly prohibited.

Only a qualified health care professional can give a learned opinion about levels and dosages.

Self medication can be very dangerous.  You can cause serious liver damage through overdose.  And you really wouldn't know you are in trouble until the damage had become severe.  Also every person is different.  There is no guideline or rule of thumb that would be valid in selecting a dosage.  Additionally more is not better.  A higher level of sex steroids will not feminze or masculinize you any faster.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm spanking you.  That really isn't the intent.  But being healthy through transition is a goal.

I'm glad you are here!

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

shelleybear

QuoteHi Shelley,

Welcome to Susans.  I removed your doseage levels from your post.  We do not support self medicating.  Or the listing of actual doses of medications as this makes it easier for others to self medicate.  See Rule 8,

Thank you

Sarah L.

Well then, being as I am poor and I need help, my guess it, this is not the place for me to be.
Good-bye
  •  

Sarah Louise

I am sorry you feel that way Shelley, we are here to help as much as we can.  I hope you stay and take advantage of the tools that are available here.

Also, next time please do not post something that was sent as a private message.

Sarah L.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

shelleybear

That was NOT a private message.
My GP authorizes my tests but does not have the experience to diagnose the results.
I posted here because I hoped there was someone here who could.
You have made it amply clear that the rules forbid anyone from doing so.
Hence my reason for leaving.
It's nothing personal, but I don't feel that under those circumstance this site would be of any real help.
  •  

Sarah Louise

All that I made clear was that you should not post the actual doses you took of the medications.  I left what your T and E levels were.  I am confident that if you give it time someone might respond to those levels.  I can't, I don't know.

I apolgize if I miscommunicated.

Sarah L.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Flan Princess

I'm not licensed as a physician, but based on that information, total testosterone is within the normal levels for a genetic female (even if it is a bit on the high side), and oestrogens are at the level for either a genetic male or a post-menopausal genetic female.
  •  

shelleybear

Thank you!
I'm moving soon, so I hope to find employment and actually get a referral to an endo.
Till then, I am 53. Divorced. No Children.
Not a heck of a lot of people I can hurt.
For myself?
I am happier now then I have ever been.

Shelley
  •