Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I feel like I my whole family betrayed me

Started by Princess_Jasmine, November 09, 2008, 05:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess_Jasmine

So here I am in this confusing place we all are in together. I came out to my father a month and a half ago and my life has become hell. He completely hates me, wishes I was never born, and has turned my entire family against me. I told my mom and siblings about my gender issue before I came out to dad so I would have some base of support in case things went wrong. Well, it seemed like they were completely supportive and believe me in what I was saying. Now that my dad knows, he has somehow managed to convince them I am completely psychologically screwed up (he said it in much more hurtful words) and now they all have left me to deal with my depression on my own again. The whole family is united in believing I better pull out of *this* and start being a man, and this is just a phase I will have to get over. They think if I took hormones and became my true self, I would be giving into an evil temptation. My question to them was, what do u mean pull out of *this*? THIS is ME. How can I pull out of being me? Of course I said that without my father present because if I say anything to him about my being female, I am afraid of what his reaction would be. All I know is, it really hurts to be turned on by the people I grew up loving and knowing all my life. I know this happened to many of you as well, and I am so sorry you had to go thru this cuz it really stinks.

•  

pennyjane

honey, it is cold.  i can't say i know how you feel, but i can imagine how i might have felt.  mine were just a bummer, yours are seriously misguided.

just love them...try to be patient.  you know in your heart what has to be done, with or without them.  just be firm and keep letting them know how badly you want it to be with them.  love is powerful, it hurts but it eventually trumps about all else.  don't lose hope, with hope you can make it.  and may God bless you with...
  •  

Carolyn

I know how you feel completely, more or less the same thing happened to me, but I still have my mom trying. Everyone else has turned away from me, but you must be strong. Never give up hope. My only real advice is this: We must travel into hellfire before we can enter heaven. We're here for you, okay?
  •  

Dawn D.

Jas,

Sorry to hear this. Parents and well, almost anyone else too, for that matter, can say hurtful things that they feel might "shock" you into straightening up. A lot of times they don't mean it and hopefully this is true of your family and friends. That being said, the world just is not at the point yet that any one of us, when we feel we must, can come "out" and keep hopeful for a positive reception. That is why it is so hard.

Give it time. You've made a big leap here. Congradulations on being honest with yourself and in being brave enough to face your family with this issue! Let them work over in their own minds, what it is that they are affraid of. Stay positive. If one or more of them begin to ask you questions try to be ready with the answers. Show them the information that is available on this and other sites. Stay true to yourself. Don't let others try to force you to be someone you are not.

You go Girl!!

Dawn
  •