Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Could I be considered bi-gender?

Started by jenga, December 10, 2008, 02:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade H

Aaaggrrr... Labels again... What about "AmbiGendered"? As in ambidextrous?
  •  

jenga

Quote from: Jade H on December 16, 2008, 04:31:48 AM
Aaaggrrr... Labels again... What about "AmbiGendered"? As in ambidextrous?
Sorry!! I'm not trying to offend anyone or stick a label on anyone other than myself.
I do like the ambi-gender label though. I am ambidextrous, so it follows that I could easily use that term to describe myself to others and be fairly confident of expressing my identity in an accurate way.
Thank you!
  •  

Jade H

Quote from: jenga on December 16, 2008, 02:58:48 PM
Sorry!! I'm not trying to offend anyone or stick a label on anyone other than myself.

No offence taken - What I was trying to express (tongue-in-cheek) was simply that I feel very much like you do... ;) I don't fit into the usual "categories" - I'm just ME...
I suppose, for reasons of sanity, even if it's just for oneself... I don't know if it's been used before and adding another LABEL to the gender variant spectrum (going to be shot down for that...) AmbiGendered just sounds comfortable for ME... at this stage... :)

•  

Kinkly

that ok Jade I wont shoot, how do you define AmbiGendered
Untill I found a label that fit I felt very lonely not fitting any where so I'm more then willing to point anyone toward a label that fits them
I don't want to be a man there from Mars
I'd Like to be a woman Venus looks beautiful
I'm enjoying living on Pluto, but it is a bit lonely
  •  

Jade H

Quote from: Kinkly on December 17, 2008, 06:36:42 AM

...how do you define AmbiGendered...

I'm still trying to work it out myself!
But, if I'm put on the spot...
It would be one who presents (and feels) 50% of the time as a "classic" Androgyne - total ambiguity, totally gender neutral. But with the "gender fluidity" of one who's bi-gendered, but never close to the extremes... Let's say (for definition's sake) 25% of the time the person may present as a slightly effeminate male (maximum male side of the AmbiGendered scale = 75% male) and the remaining 25% of the time presents (or can present) as a slightly butch female (maximum female side of the AmbiGendered scale = 75% female)

...This is beginning to sound confusing and too restricting/structured...

Ok, let's make it simpler - an Androgyne who sometimes (depending on mood or situation) takes on more of a defined female or male persona...???

Me - I'm usually not addressed as "Sir" or "M'am" by people that I casually meet for the first time, there's just a slight pause where "Sir or Madam" would usually be used - which suits me fine.
If my SO and I go out (for supper/movie etc.) and I'm feeling a little feminine, chances are (dressed as I am to suit my mood) I'll be "M'amed" the whole time - which suits me fine.
If I have a business meeting (Male orientated industry) with men, I'll (try to) "butch up" a bit and I'll be "Sir'ed" - which suits me fine. Client meetings with women - they're not as judgemental - I (try to) fit in as one of the girls...

So now someone is going to say, "That's not AmbiGendered, that's just a plain 'ol..." *insert other label here*

•  

Pica Pica

That's not AmbiGendered, that's plain ol'...

hehe razzing yer. I don't think there are many plain androgynes, it's all good.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Kinkly

All non binary labels are self defined so if you find something that fits gr8 if not make your own label  ;D
I don't want to be a man there from Mars
I'd Like to be a woman Venus looks beautiful
I'm enjoying living on Pluto, but it is a bit lonely
  •  

Ephilei

I've always thought bigender and androgyne overlap. It seems they have different presentation, but the same gender identity. Some are more comfortable sticking to one side of the binary at a time, others more comfortable in the middle.
  •