Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Are most of your siblings the gender you are transitioning too.

Started by Jillieann Rose, July 30, 2006, 03:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am _____ (MTF) (FTM) most of your siblings are _____(Male) (Female)

FTM  I don't have siblings
MTF, Males
FTM, Females
FTM, Males
MTF  I don't have siblings
FTM  I don't have siblings
MTF  equal males and females
FTM equal males and females
MTF, Female

Suzy

There were three boys in the family, no girls.  Mom always wanted a daughter, but was never disappointed in her boys.  We did have to learn to cook and clean, etc.

Kristi
  •  

Hazumu

Huzzah on the choice of such a thought-provoking topic!

I'm the eldest, then came my two sisters at 4 and 5 years younger than me.  I had a step-sister who lived with us occasionally who was 2 years younger.  And I had two older step-brothers who, thankfully, only visited occasionally.

I've told my sisters that I'm still the eldest sibling, but the third sister!  ;D

Karen
  •  

Julie Marie

Five siblings, four sisters, one brother.  In the order we were born it was F-Me-F-M-F-F.

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

HelenW

I have an older sister (by 5 years) and a younger brother (by 7)

So I got abused from two sides, LOL!

hugs & grins,
helen
FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

Terri Gene

there are times when I so hate to think about my young life.  There were 5 of us, all male, and I happened to be the oldest of the set.  It wasn't to hard in the very early years, there were only I and 3 brothers, the last was born when I was 17.  I never got to really know that one well as I moved to my fathers home to get away from the life my mother led, and her tendancy to make a "Man" of me.  

It was a lot of pressure as I was the oldest and expected to raise my brothers and take all the heat.  Everyone was always in a lot of trouble back then and it was always up to me to make things come out.  I got in enough trouble just being me and trying to stay out of trouble.  I had to go to school, then work at night and weekends and when home, pick up on the younger ones and all to often take on whoever got in the younger ones faces.  It was constant work and fighting, and I had to bring home a check every week and if I lost a fight, my mother came down on me hard.  As a teen, I simply got out and went to my Dads.  

Then my mother and brothers were always coming to see us and it simply rounded back to the old days, but all in all, my dad was good to me and saw I had what I needed.  He never did understand my nature though and wanted me to be male, just not an aggressive one.  As it added up though, I was always thought of as an aggressive malcontent, and I spent my time with motorcycles and drugs.

I'll never forget some of the beatings I took when overmatched, but I managed to win most encounters just because I had been raised that way.  I used to wish I had a sister or two that I could honestly relate to, but I had to be the "hard one" in order to survive.  Things were strange when I was in high school.  Most adults and my close friends thought of me as a young man that was just growing up, but the way I hung out and who with was confusing to them.  Yes, 4 brothers and I always had to be the toughest one and personally I won't swat flies if they don't bother me, but there are those who just always had to try and show me up, or caught me out with friends who weren't all that masculine and figured I needed a good fight to make me see things clearly.  

The next oldest to me was a good friend up until he died earlier this year of a hart attack, the others quit talking to me though when I finally coudn't take it anymore and began Transition.  Haven't spoken to the 3rd brother for 20 years now and the next one down hasn't said a word to me in almost 6 years.  The youngest one seems to be rather unconcerned, but he has his own problems and I haven't spoken to him in about 5 years.  It just seems they gotta be "Men" and I'm an embarrasement to them.

Well, that was all growing up and f things go ok I"ll outlive all of them.  It's just the way it is, but I'm happier these days and I seem to get along alright and have few if any problems with other people so All is alright as it goes.

I know I feel somewhat sorry for any one from a male warrior family, it isn't good for your moods and all.  If any of them had some sense and could condone not being the king of the hill things would have been a lot happier for me, but its been said that you have to see the rough side of life to appreciate the glory of living.  There's a lot I could say here about those days but it brings me down to think about it, I'll just enjoy what I have left.

Terri Gene
  •  

Owen

I have an older sister and an older brother. I was the baby of the family so to speak. Thats what I am called by my mother. I was closer to my sister in many ways, she was and still is a real outgoing person, someone I could look up too. My brother on the otherhand was a terror, always cutting up and getting into all kinds of trouble. I was  soft hearted and quiet, never in any real trouble well behaved.

Owen

Love being female :angel:
  •  

MeganRose

I have two sisters, both younger than me.

I got a bit of the "only son" reaction as well when I came out to my parents (Mum not so much, mainly from Dad), but it didn't last very long. I think that once they saw how much happier I was, they realised that transition was the right thing for me. Dad still doesn't like to talk much about it, but Mum and I discuss everything. I never expected the level of support from her that she gives me. But I'm so grateul for it. :)
  •  

Dennis

I'm an only child, so my mum's lucky I transitioned. This way she gets one of each, just not at the same time.

Dennis
  •  

Sheila

I'm the oldest of three of us. I have a younger brother who is 7 years younger and a sister who is a year and half younger. I know that my family does not have anything to do with this. I raised my brother and took care of my sister somewhat.
Sheila
  •  

Yorick

I just have one sister, she's 14 (soon to be 15) and I'm 19.

•  

ConfusedMichelle

I have an older brother and an older sister. We are each 4 years apart, except my brother is 8 years older than me.

My sister always treated me like "poo" when I was growing up (she was bipolar, she takes medicine now, so she is pretty good to me now) so my brother and I always hung out, despite the huge age difference.

I think if anyone in my family is going to accept me, it will be him. Love my brother  ;D
  •  

Sharon S L

I have one Sister, we have always been close and since starting my transition we have become even Closer
  •  

Jeannette

•  

Lydia

I have 5 brothers and 6 sisters (would be 6 brothers but one died from sids). I came from an extremly patriarchal warrior dominated background. I was expected (required) to hurt people by both my parents and if I didn't I wore the brunt of their hands. Growing up I had literally hundreds of confrontations because of the place I was raised in. If it wasn't my parents or siblings trying to beat up on me it was someone else.

I don't see any of my family now. Psychologically it's better for me. If any of them were hit by a truck I wouldn't shed a tear.
  •  

katia

i have a sister and a brother and i'm the youngest one.
  •  

J.T.

I have a blended family... biologically two older sisters and a younger half-brother (by 12 years).  Then an older step-brother (1.5 years older) and a younger step-sister (1.5 years younger).

Growing up, it was three sisters and one brother, and then at age 12 came the half-brother.  So no, the majority of my siblings have always been female... especially so when i was younger.
  •  

rhonda13000

#2 - four younger brothers.

It would seem that Mom's first born son was in reality, her first born daughter.
  •  

Hypatia

Here's what I find about compromise--
don't do it if it hurts inside,
'cause either way you're screwed,
eventually you'll find
you may as well feel good;
you may as well have some pride

--Indigo Girls
  •  

Jillieann Rose

You can tell by this poll that siblings seem to have no relationship to being transgender.
But it is fun to share and we learn a little more about each other.
Thanks everyone for your participation.
Jillieann
  •