Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Family values: couple names child Adolf Hitler and wonders what the problem is

Started by Natasha, December 17, 2008, 05:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sephirah

This is reminiscent of the couple in New Zealand who named their child 'Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii'.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7522952.stm

*shrugs*

There should be some form of idiot test before people are allowed to breed.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

RebeccaFog

•  

tekla

Ahh, but imagine the relief the rest of us would feel.  My favorite all time Dan Savage line was "If there is a god in heaven both you and your idiot boyfriend are sterile." 
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

RebeccaFog

I swear to god, I am so close to inventing a handheld sterilizing device that works from up to 100 yards.
  •  

tekla

inventing a handheld sterilizing device that works from up to 100 yards

I smell Nobel Peace Prize in your future.
  •  

goingdown

Quote from: Emme on December 23, 2008, 01:35:04 PM
I once knew of a couple, unmarried if it matters, who where both mentally disabled.  They could not even complete basic hygiene care.  They would have a baby, the State would take the baby away, and they would get pregnant again.  This happened about 4 times.  I overheard the woman talking one day and she made the comment, "I'm going to keep having babies until they let me keep one."

They have also right for children (the mentally disabled family, however the parents who give their child names as Adolf Hitler lose that right in my mind) . More than I have as transwoman or lesbian women have or gays have. We should be a little more open minded. They are totally innocent for their disability.
  •  

Mr. Fox

Yeah, we don't really want to go back to the times when they forcibly sterilized the mentally disabled.
Adrian
  •  

RebeccaFog

I know a lot of learning disabled people (strangely enough, I'm not using hyperbole).  Pretty much none of them are interested in having a baby.  They are all growing old and childless like me.

It must be unusual for them to go so far as to have children.

Though I could be wrong. 

I wouldn't necessarily use my device on them for that one reason.  They would need to show themselves as unfit parent material to me first.

Maybe I should shut up

•  

tekla

They are totally innocent for their disability.

Perhaps, but they are also unable to be responsible for their responsibilities, which is where the problem lies.  And, I don't think that people have a 'right' to procreate.  Not anymore.
  •