Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Body temperature while sleeping

Started by Audrey, December 23, 2008, 01:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audrey

When I sleep, even just a nap, I radiate heat like crazy.  I end up opening the window by my bed a bit even in below zero weather.  The other day I fell asleep on the couch at work waiting to do last rounds and when I woke up I could feel how incredibly hot I was.  A few minutes after waking it came back down to normail.  Im just curious if anyone else has noticed their body temp increasing substantially while sleeping.  Next time that happens at work ill take my temp right away and see what the differences in temp are.

Audrey
  •  

lizbeth

me too audrey, I notice it more often in the summertime when I take a nap in the afternoon than I do in the winter time when I'm typically already cold and bundling up with a blanket anyways though - but I still notice it. 
  •  

lisagurl

Change in hormones can cause night time changes in temperature.
  •  

Janet_Girl

I have always done that.  Now I am glad because I get cold at night.  My ex use to tell me that I was a radiator.
  •  

Kaitlyn

I'm just the opposite - I get cold as a corpse when I sleep.

How are your thyroid hormone levels?
"The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled."
— Plutarch
  •  

Kelsey

Maybe tumo?
The mental ability to heat/cool your self
  •  

Valentina

What you're describing is a symptom of hyperthyroid and I personally would want to have this ruled out by going to the doctor and asking for a thyroid test.
  •  

Jeatyn

I either wake up boiling or freezing

never a happy medium
  •