Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What the Amendment Will Do [gainesville fla trans bathroom amendment]

Started by Hazumu, January 10, 2009, 05:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazumu

QuoteThe proposed amendment, if approved by the voters of Gainesville, will require the city's civil rights categories (contained in the Code of Ordinances) to match the State of Florida's civil rights categories. This action will remove two current categories—sexual orientation and gender identity disorder—as well as nullify current laws, such as the Gender Identity Ordinance, that specifically pertain to these categories. The categories of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, and marital status would remain as protected categories. Thus the City of Gainesville's civil rights categories would match those of the rest of Alachua County, as well as most other cities in the State of Florida.
  •  

tekla

Thank God for Florida, making California look sane for many years now.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Luna Vyohr

I was just reading about this, actually. I'm really not that surprised to be honest. It's a sad thing when people have the feeling that they're somehow above someone else. In this case, they feel that way to the point of wanting to take away rights.  ::)
  •  

Sandy

I tried clicking through, but the link seems to be broke.

That's ok, I think I can figure out what they said anyway...

-Sandy(sickened by the whole sordid mess)
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Hazumu

Quote from: Kassandra on January 11, 2009, 05:18:29 PM
I tried clicking through, but the link seems to be broke.

Fixed, in case you really want to go there and raise your blood pressure.

=K
  •  

Sandy

Quote from: Karen on January 12, 2009, 12:00:59 AM
Fixed, in case you really want to go there and raise your blood pressure.
=K

Thanks, I did, and it did...

Has anyone told these people that those cities and states that have adopted statutes like these have not had ONE incident like this?

At the beginning of WWII, Frank Capra was asked to do a series of propaganda films explaining why we were in the war.

Capra had a brilliant idea and he gathered all the Japanese, German, and Italian war propaganda he could put his hands on and used their own words against them by taking each one of their points and showing how barbaric it was.

We should to the same with their stupid PSA like commercial and have HRC use that very commercial and show how ridiculous it is.  And if they sued them that would be even better!  Because if they sued for libel, they would have to PROVE how the response commercial was lying!  It would be a brilliant way to show them as FUD'ers and fear mongers.  They would play right into our hands.  There is no way they could respond that wouldn't be in our benefit!

I think we all want to make sure that there is not a repeat of the Prop HATE fiasco.

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

mickie88

transphobia running wilder through the states than Hulkamania ever did.

gender police!!! gender police!!!!! (sirens wailing) :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:

•  

gennee

Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •