Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Age discrimmination

Started by justme303, December 29, 2008, 09:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justme303

I am 18, in love with a man 20 years older, we have had alot of discrimmination because of this, including my father hitting me... we have been together almost 2 years now, and have just gotten engaged. Most people have come to accept us being together, but i do still occaisionally have complete strangers lecturing me and trying to convince me to find someone my own age. I'm not a gold-digger, he is not rich and we both work to pay the bills.
  •  

gennee

If you're both happy and love each other, it doesn't matter what they think. I wish to congratulate you on your engagement.

Gennee

:)
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

justme303

Thank you for that. Most people arent so accepting.  :D
  •  

tekla

You are 18 now, and you can do as you wish.  However, given the data, you were seeing him when you were 16 and he was 35, 36 and its easy to see where a parent might have trouble with that.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

justme303

oh yeah, i see that now, but at 16 of course it was a different story. My dad has even gotten over it now, just in the last two weeks after not speaking to me for two years.  When he watched the video of our engagment, he even had a tear in his eye!
  •  

tekla

Well congrads on your engagement then
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Julie Marie

When you were 10 certain things were important to you that aren't today. When you are your SOs age, you will find much the same thing. We all change as we age.

That doesn't mean this won't last though. What one experiences can have no effect on what we experience unless we let it.
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

sabrina

Quote from: justme303 on December 29, 2008, 09:13:19 AM
including my father hitting me... .

no body has the right to do that EVER its your life; live it before you regret not doing what you wanted. 
  •  

Mr. Fox

Congratulations on both your engagement and your father getting over his assholism.
  •