Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Am I Too Old For HRT?

Started by Suziech, January 18, 2009, 01:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: Starbuck on January 30, 2009, 04:10:50 AM
I Might i ask if you are slim to skinny? NO s*** you didnt get any distribution if you had no fat to distribute..., the pelvis isnt fully formed till around age 16, in all fairness, and it can and has still changed... all bone is living, and ive known several people in thier 20s, me included, who have seen pelvic widening... Its all down to genes and hgh levels...

I wasn't that skinny but the fat distribution pattern isn't and hasn't worked for me. I tend to get fat on my belly and no where else. If I had a more rounder endomophic bodyshape to start with I may have had more luck with HRT. It has been very depressing and the more I try and put weight on the more it only goes in one place (my belly). I don't know how to put weight on my legs or my butt.

I've met a lot of TS's over the years and I have only seen two that had female fat distribution and one started at the age of 15. I don't know when the other one started. I have become skeptical of the whole transition process and its limitations.
Living in the real world, not a fantasy
  •  

klodefm42

Well I think a good side to starting HRT after 50 for mtf's is that, well dont testorone levels decrease at that point? Making it easier for HRT to do its business?
  •  

Jenny Jackson

I started HRT at 52. My doctor warned me that at my age I shouldn't expect much by way of physical changes, now, 2 years on, I'm not only a very happy woman but also a 38B and still growing. :)
  •  

vanna

Quote from: Naturally Blonde on February 01, 2009, 07:43:56 PM
I wasn't that skinny but the fat distribution pattern isn't and hasn't worked for me. I tend to get fat on my belly and no where else. If I had a more rounder endomophic bodyshape to start with I may have had more luck with HRT. It has been very depressing and the more I try and put weight on the more it only goes in one place (my belly). I don't know how to put weight on my legs or my butt.

I've met a lot of TS's over the years and I have only seen two that had female fat distribution and one started at the age of 15. I don't know when the other one started. I have become skeptical of the whole transition process and its limitations.

Hrmmm yes i agree Naturally Blonde,i wonder how much is genetics or if even race has something to with it. The 4 years of my HRT regime though has given me a very feminine figure. In all fairness i was that way anyway but the fat distribution has boosted my bum, hips, thighs and thinned the rest. I do tone exercise alot as well though.

How to get fat on your ass? mmm i believe pizza is a good start :)
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: Ms Delgado on February 02, 2009, 03:28:55 AM
Hrmmm yes i agree Naturally Blonde,i wonder how much is genetics or if even race has something to with it. The 4 years of my HRT regime though has given me a very feminine figure. In all fairness i was that way anyway but the fat distribution has boosted my bum, hips, thighs and thinned the rest. I do tone exercise alot as well though.

How to get fat on your ass? mmm i believe pizza is a good start :)

I eat like a horse and eat pizza! the weight only goes where I don't want it to go.

Is that your real avatar pic? if so you do do look better than me.
  •  

vanna

no not my piccie

Hrmm not sure what to say then really, maybe the regime change your planning is a system boost worth doing and your get results you desire.
  •  

je

QuoteIs that your real avatar pic? if so you do do look better than me.

Lol, I bet she is a good bit like her avatar. ;)
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: je on February 02, 2009, 09:45:49 AM
QuoteIs that your real avatar pic? if so you do do look better than me.

Lol, I bet she is a good bit like her avatar. ;)

I guess we will never know?
  •  

Rachael

i suspect Kate Beckensale is not smugling sausage.... especally not on this forum which would lead me to belive like 80% of avitars used here, it is indeed not her.
  •  

cindybc

Hi again Naturally Blonde
Sounds like a familiar problem, the bread basket blues. Well I'm 63 years old, 4 years post-op and got enough curves in the right places to satisfy me, especially since the chances of having the results I did were slim to start with, so I was informed. Well I at least proved those who informed me wrong, but then I proved a lot of people wrong about a lot of things in my life. I am stubborn and bull headed, but I do have a warm heart, and graduated MtoF TS to just plane woman. I do had some problems with the bread basket as well, but I am presently doing some exercises to take care of that. I am down to 126lbs from 134lbs at 5'3" that is about normal and I wear a 36B bras.

•  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: Starbuck on February 04, 2009, 03:18:21 AM
i suspect Kate Beckensale is not smugling sausage.... especally not on this forum which would lead me to belive like 80% of avitars used here, it is indeed not her.

I think that's sad that people use celebrities or film stars in their avitars rather than real picture's of themselves. If they do not want exposure it would be better without any picture. Rather than to mislead people into either thinking it is their own pic or physically associating that person with the actress.

•  

vanna

Lol

didnt realise my AV would cause so much conversation, im not going to rise on a comment except im suprised at the comments.

For the record a friend made it and that is why your all looking at it now. And no good deed ever goes unpunished eh Naturally Blonde
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Naturally Blonde on February 04, 2009, 08:54:24 AM

I think that's sad that people use celebrities or film stars in their avitars rather than real picture's of themselves. If they do not want exposure it would be better without any picture. Rather than to mislead people into either thinking it is their own pic or physically associating that person with the actress.

There is no misleading going on. No one that uses a different avatar to themselves hangs a big sign under it saying "Hey, everyone, this is actually me!" If anyone is misled then the problem is theirs, not the person's using the avatar. :P

Nor is it a rule that people have to use pictures of themselves. It's not your place, or anyone else's to pass comment on integrity or motivation of the people who don't follow your avatar philosophy, unless the avatars chosen pass beyond the level of sexual explicitness outlined in the rules of the site. Perhaps for some it's a method of self-expression, a way to release the way they feel inside. Exactly the same reason you are here at this forum in the first place.

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised by the comments, too, and disappointed.

Nevertheless, that is totally off-topic and unrelated to the subject of this thread. So would you kindly get back to the subject at hand and stop passing judgement on people you know nothing about.

Thank you.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Naturally Blonde on February 04, 2009, 08:54:24 AM

Nothing wrong with using a picture of a celebrity. People use avatars of favorite celebrities on all kinds or non-TG forums. I highly doubt people assume the celebrity is the one posting.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

cindybc

I use a real photo because I think it's good for lifting the spirits of those who come here that are near my age and feel despondent about their possible results. Kind of hey, there is hope. I'm no model but I am proud of what I achieved not just in physical appearance but in real life challenges. "It can be done."

Cindy

I could of used one of these for an avatar, I think their kind of cute.

•  

meow meow

With HRT, the younger  you are when starting the better the reesults,,,,,from my understanding if you are past your thirties the results will not outweigh the health risks.....but then again, I am not a professional and would advise that you speak to a professional about it...

If you are near LOs Angeles, there is a Place called "the hamilton center" and that is what they do....and are dedicated to the transgender community.

here:
ENDOCRINOLOGY & METABOLISM
1950 Sawtelle Blvd.,
Suite 145A
Los Angeles, California 90025

(310) 481-2245 Phone
(310) 481-2226 Fax

hope this helps
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: Nero on February 04, 2009, 10:28:33 AM
Nothing wrong with using a picture of a celebrity. People use avatars of favorite celebrities on all kinds or non-TG forums. I highly doubt people assume the celebrity is the one posting.

It's time to put on make up, it's time to light the lights..

As I'm not familiar with Kate Beckensale or what she looks like, so who's to say that new people joining the forum might think that these are picture's of real successful transsexuals on the forum and become very depressed as they do not come up to that standard.

People on this forum are entitled to call themselves whatever they like but I'm not sure of the legal implications in using celebrity photographs without permission?
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Naturally Blonde on February 04, 2009, 03:04:16 PM
Quote from: Nero on February 04, 2009, 10:28:33 AM

It's time to put on make up, it's time to light the lights..

i don't get it...  :P
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

cindybc

I see my cousin Miss Piggie in the crowd. I heared she lives with Bugs Bunny in Albekoikie now. ;D

Cindy
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: cindybc on February 04, 2009, 03:22:49 PM
I see my cousin Mis Piggie in the crowd. I heared she lives with Bugs Bunny in Albekoikie now. ;D

Cindy
Cindy, your a star!
  •