Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

I cannot believe this!

Started by Cindy, January 27, 2009, 04:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

Hi,
This isn't very TG related but maybe it is,
As some of you know I'm in Adelaide South Australia. It's summer here and VERY hot. Today was 43C and we have a week or more to come. I have to work in drag, so I'm always looking to come home and be normal;a cold white wine, Susan's place, a nice bikini or summers dress and yes the evening begins. I notice a driver in front of me. It looks like a he. Runs his fingers through his hair at the traffic lights, looks cute, but all in shadow. Takes of on the green, peels of his T-shirt at 80km/hr, weaves all across the road, he's blinded because 1) you don't take your shirt off while driving 2) try taking off your sunnies before you take off your shirt usually helps. There are four lanes of traffic. People blow horns and weave to miss it.  A finger comes out, and is waved around to all. The pedal goes down and it disappears at 100+km.
Why?
That sounds like the question given to the ultimate computer.
But Why?
If it wasn't high or drunk, and been driving behind him for several k's and no problems, then why? It came close  to killing me, killing itself and many others. Why do people act like this?

Sorry, Maybe it is a TG question

Have any of our TG brothers gone from dame to demon after T?

How do you make(?) social norm, and what is it.

Civility is, for me, is living inside a set of rules that benefit the majority. But can still be challanged in a civil way

I'm just getting old.
NO WAY,
I'm going for a facial next week which will take "ten years off your life" I take it i'll die sooner.

A cynical
Cindy James

•  

Jay

I'm glad that you came through alright, and no one else was hurt in the process.

I used to do be nice as pie then could turn to Satan (As in so physically angry at nothing at all
I would shake with adrenalin) in a click of a fingers when I first started
T. (The type of T I was on didn't agree with me) So yes I can believe that he turning so quickly.
But now I am nice as pie 95% of the time ;)

QuoteCivility is, for me, is living inside a set of rules that benefit the majority.

I'm with you there hun.

QuoteI'm just getting old.
I don't think so.

QuoteA cynical
Cindy James

I know about cynical!

Cynical member #2 Jay

•  

Nigella

Quote from: CindyJames on January 27, 2009, 04:23:56 AM
I'm always looking to come home and be normal;a cold white wine, Susan's place, a nice bikini or summers dress and yes the evening begins.

Sorry Cindy but despite the bad driving I'd love to be in summer clothes again. This UK weather gets me down and I love wear flimsy summer tops, etc. Can't wait for the summer again (if it happens here, lol). Sometimes Australia beckons, lol.

Yea some people are inconsiderate nut cases.

Stardust
  •  

KarenLyn

Before starting HRT, I used to change from my boy clothes to girl clothes but even then I had the sense to pull over to do the top. I still do most of my makeup when driving. I know... very bad habit.

Karen
  •  

Vicky

As a Southern California girl on the Los Angeles freeways, what you saw there was a nice quiet drive  with a bright interlude of entertainment.  The morning requires two near successful attempts on my life just to make up for a cup of coffee that I missed.  (Actually I don't like coffee, now that I think about it.)  It used to be that you allowed two car lengths between the vehicles in the next lane before you merged over, now most people try it when there is 1/2 a car length and the thickness of a sheet of paper between the cars in the next lane.  Its very common to see a woman's head in a guys lap as you creep along at 4 MPH (about 6KPH), and her face is down.  ;D (Must be the only way to turn Rush Hour into Happy Hour.) ::)  At least it was a finger and not a .45 hand gun the idiot was waving!!!  Maybe he spilled his pint on his shirt and got too cold???? ???  Our weather here comes in July and you see a lot of dead squirrels who have gone after all the nuts on the freeways!!! :laugh:

I am not on HRT yet, but I have friends who are, and yes, you can go from 0 to Bitch in 2 seconds or less when you are in the early stages, and still getting used to them, or as Jay pointed out, when you get a type that you have a slight allergy to. (The carrier solution for the real hormone is generally the cause of that.) Its interesting being the designated driver for other girls who are new on hormones, but they ride in the back seat!!!!
I refuse to have a war of wits with a half armed opponent!!

Wiser now about Post Op reality!!
  •  

Cindy

Hi Vicky

Yes I hear the LA freeways are a different way of life. I'm lucky to live! in hicksvelle! Though a usually very nice hicksville. RR is very common though and there are a number of cases were people have been beaten to death, stabbed, run over etc.

Doesn't make sense to me. We've got one chance to find alife we want, why blow it on violent behaviour?

LoL
and drive safely

Cindy J
  •  

Vicky

Cindy

In spite of my earlier lightheartedness, I fully AGREE that one of the most senseless behavior's (U.S. sp) around is road rage, and who knows what hormones actually cause it. For my job with the State Of California, I have to take special driver's safety classes about every three years and part of that training is how to avoid getting road rage. One of the major points is that it is OK (not good or bad) to feel emotions in reaction to someones roadway antics. The point is not to let the emotions overtake our rational thought processes.  Driving a vehicle takes much more thought and brain time than too many people believe, and someone who has not cleared the deck of issues that prevent them from keeping their mind on the driving is a very real danger to themselves and others.

A little bit of low key, and standard response to road situations is OK since they do let us vent but keep our primary attention on ALL the other drivers., my own mantras for some of these situations include:

Horn honking-- "Ok chum, now we know about your sex life."

Speeding and weaving across lanes -- "Late for your funeral, ehhh??"

90 degree lane changes -- "I don't see that many squirrels chasing you that you need to panic."

Obvious signs that the driver is chemically impaired -- "I have enough time wherever I am going to get out of here and call the Highway Patrol."  I do, and I do.

There are several more for various situations, and I am an Amateur Radio operator and have reported more than one dangerous condition to the local police that way.  Stay safe yourself, I do feel bad that big city woes are coming to the slightly smaller places.

:-*

I refuse to have a war of wits with a half armed opponent!!

Wiser now about Post Op reality!!
  •