Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Ted Haggard on Oprah live-blog

Started by Shana A, January 28, 2009, 08:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

Ted Haggard on Oprah live-blog
Filed by: Alex Blaze
January 28, 2009 3:50 PM

http://www.bilerico.com/2009/01/ted_haggard_on_oprah_live-blog.php

Sum-up: [Ted Haggard and Gayle Haggard on the Oprah Show alt=] I really liked this show. We got to know a good deal more about Ted Haggard and what he's going through now.

Half of what he said made no sense at all. If God loves him the way he is now, and he thinks that sexuality is something that can't be changed, then why does he think heterosexual, monogamous relationships are the "ideal" and that he should try to change? If he thinks he should accept himself the way he is now and that lying and self-denial are wrong, then what's up with the "heterosexual with issues" line, instead of saying that he's gay or bi or queer?

It doesn't make much sense to analyze him from the perspective of what he says. The man's a liar, a smooth liar who lies like he talks. He didn't mention the latest accusation against him which came out a couple days after the show was taped and said he didn't because of "privacy concerns." (Uh-huh, that's why the young man he molested got paid hush money and Ted called him up to make sure he destroyed evidence.)
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

BunnyBee

In an earlier post I spoke of a certain type of person who lives within a rigidly defined frame of "truth" which they refuse to expand to accommodate new data no matter how credible.  This man is one of those people.

Ideas which pose a serious threat to their frame of truth will usually elicit the standard human response to dark, scary things: fight or flight-- anger or fear.  So what happens when you are terrified or enraged by your own self??

The human condition can truly be fascinating sometimes.
  •  

tekla

The guy has to be one of the biggest media whores I've ever seen.  He has no shame.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

BunnyBee

•  

RebeccaFog

Someone needs to heal that guy's soul.
  •