Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Homosexuality And The Laws Of Moral Physics

Started by Natasha, February 07, 2009, 11:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyssa M.

593 only works for your brother. I think the figure for fathers is twelve times forty-nine and a third.
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

Cindy

Hi Sugar and Spice

I really don't want offend so maybe I'll disappear from this thread. However I have students from every " religion" most recognised , some not, they all have a central belief that their diety is the one. It is. Not for me. I'm on a knife edge with Susan's rules. Do what I tell my patients; believe in whatever helps you.

LoL
Cindy J - the godless :)
  •  

Hypatia

Quote from: Pica Pica on February 10, 2009, 10:01:54 AM
of course, the whole point of the koran to muslims is that is the literal, direct and total word of god to the letter, which is why they learn the language to read it in and set such store by remembering chunks. To say the koran shouldn't be taken literally is as against the idea od islam as to say there is no god.

According to the Qur'an itself, only some of it can be taken literally:

QuoteThe divine writ contains messages that are clear in and by themselves--and these are the essence of the divine writ--as well as others that are allegorical.

--Qur'an, surah 3, verse 7
In fact, only a small minority of verses in the Qur'an are considered to be of the first type. The rest are allegorical and subject to hermeneutics. Verse 3:7 goes on to say,

QuoteNone save God knows its final meaning.
So human interpretations are inevitably going to differ, and the text itself allows for this.
Here's what I find about compromise--
don't do it if it hurts inside,
'cause either way you're screwed,
eventually you'll find
you may as well feel good;
you may as well have some pride

--Indigo Girls
  •  

Ms.Behavin

Hey Cindy J.  No worries love.  Everyone has a right to believe as they wish.  There was a time when I was a stead fast atheist too and am today far to open minded to pick only one path. 

There are many paths to enlightenment  Perhaps they are all correct to those they touch. 

Beni
  •  

Cindy

Thanks Beni,
Religion is one of those topics I don't like to comment upon. Although I do because it seems so central to living. I don't regret, or reject any one's beliefs. I am just concerned that fundamentalist beliefs - of ANY religion or of atheisitic beliefs, concern me. These are people with whom you cannot have a discussion.But these are the people who threaten us, not us as TG but us as human beings.

But I understand peoples sensitivity and that this site is not for grandstanding on beliefs. I apologise if I have offened anyone but in general I find some beliefs offer me and people harm.

Lol
Cindy J

Post Merge: February 12, 2009, 02:55:44 AM

Dear Sugar and Spice
Thank you for the email. I did something weird to the message and cannot reply direct. I'm happy to discuss but I have to admit a totall non-theological background. To explain, I went to a "Christian" Bros school. A hell hole. I was the only person that was banned in taking O-levels in religion studies (a UK exam), My very loving Dad was a catholic priest (long explanation reqd). When I was found as Cindy at 13yrs old, he didn't go ballistic but wanted me to go to confession to recant my sin. I have no sympathy for religions or religious beliefs that reject members of the society if they wish to be of a belief.

I'm happt to communicate privately with interested people but not sure how to. Can a moderator let me know. Last time I made my email address open I had some very sick people contact me. They don't worry me just amaze me- I am really suprised that there are so many people who have very strange fantasies just because I'm TG!

Love to all

Cindy James
  •