Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

what do you see when you look at yourself in the mirror?

Started by Natasha, January 24, 2009, 10:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natasha

Quote from: Zythyra on January 24, 2009, 12:08:14 PM

And what do you see, oh mystical person asking the question?  ;)

Z

i see me. a confident, happy woman smiling back. i know that right now i'm where i want to be in life.
  •  

Arch

After a particularly good session with my therapist--and I had a great one last week, too--I was washing my hands in the bathroom today and looked up and saw my reflection. And thought, "Good boy. But you really need a haircut."

So sometimes, I guess, I see the boy within. Even if he IS a bit shaggy.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

Pica Pica

i see cheeks, large cheeks as far as the eye can see.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Alyx.

Oh wow, he's cute.

Oh wow, that's me...

No wonder all the girls keep on hitting on me!
If you do not agree to my demands... TOO LATE
  •  

Nero

Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Pica Pica

my face you fiend. i reckon i'll sort of grow into my face, that i will suit looking older better.
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Pica Pica on January 26, 2009, 07:11:56 PM
my face you fiend. i reckon i'll sort of grow into my face, that i will suit looking older better.

you don't like your face now?
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Suzy

I see a girl who wishes she had started transition a lot earlier, before her beautiful hair thinned so badly.

Kristi
  •  

Pica Pica

It's alright, I see to like it more as time goes on...

when I was this

I hated it.

but now i'm

fine
  •  

Nero

aww who's that cute kid? that's surely not the pica.
  •  

Shana A

Quote from: Katia on January 25, 2009, 09:34:48 AM
Quote from: Zythyra on January 24, 2009, 12:08:14 PM

And what do you see, oh mystical person asking the question?  ;)

Z

i see me. a confident, happy woman smiling back. i know that right now i'm where i want to be in life.

Can't ask for anything better than that!

Quote from: Kristi on January 26, 2009, 07:21:22 PM
I see a girl who wishes she had started transition a lot earlier, before her beautiful hair thinned so badly.

Kristi

I have the same issue re hair

Z
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Jay

Quote from: Nero on January 24, 2009, 12:11:08 PM
well seeing as i get a full body shot as i'm walking toward the mirror - my first reaction is always 'WOW that bitch's got great tits'. 

I love you Nero! :) Made me spit my coke out! (Yeah and I am at work) lol :P

I see a man.. a young looking man.. normally first words to my head is "damn my hair looks
crap, damn it!.. Need a hair cut" If its a body shot "You cant really see those lumps much..
damn I look fat.. need to change"

Thats it!

•  

Nero

Quote from: Jay on January 27, 2009, 07:18:28 AM
Quote from: Nero on January 24, 2009, 12:11:08 PM
well seeing as i get a full body shot as i'm walking toward the mirror - my first reaction is always 'WOW that bitch's got great tits'. 

I love you Nero! :) Made me spit my coke out! (Yeah and I am at work) lol :P

I see a man.. a young looking man.. normally first words to my head is "damn my hair looks
crap, damn it!.. Need a hair cut" If its a body shot "You cant really see those lumps much..
damn I look fat.. need to change"

Thats it!

glad i gave someone a laugh today.   :laugh:
  •  

lisagurl

•  

Walter

I usually think "The bathroom needs cleaning" I usually only see the mirror in the bathroom
  •  

placeholdername

Depends where I look... If i look below the neck, I think: I'm pretty lucky and HRT (eventually) will only make things look better.  If I look at my face... I think about how painful FFS will probably be and how painfully I wish I'd known what would have been possible fifteen years ago.
  •  

Ferretty

Sometimes I see my online persona it's a comforting picture for me... Somewhere where we really aren't judged for who we are, we just wanna play games. Sometimes I see the person I don't wanna be, and sometimes I see the person who has great possibilities waiting for her in transition, and finally a very small percentage of the time, I see someone with anger brewing inside, needing a release and vent.
A merry christmas to all

What's that? Oh but it's too early for christmas you say? BLASPHEMY
It's never too early.

~Skye
  •  

emilyking

That's funny, I was just talking about this in my AIS support group.
When I look in the mirror, I see nether male nor female, I just see the same face I've looked at for 20+ years out of 35 years.
And that's after being on ert for 17 months.
  •  

cindybc

It should be Merry Chritmas with hope and happiness in our hearts in the new year
  •  

Kylo

A creature I know, that nobody else really knows and never will really know.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •