Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

if you could invent your own perfect world, what would it be like?

Started by Natasha, January 29, 2009, 12:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicholeW.

Quote from: tekla on February 02, 2009, 12:12:18 PM
It would be pretty boring without the artists, architects, musicians and poets and book writers, performing arts, and movie script writers and even the tree huggers.

But rationality is the difference between the dreams and the reality.  Lots of people dream of that stuff, but doing the work necessary - like say, oh the physics of actually building something - is what makes it real.

Yes, as my almost 11 y/o is fond of pointing out, "you have to know about geometry and physics and stuff. Otherwise if you try to build a bridge and you don't know the earth is round and you build it straight out without an arch you'll never get it to touch the ground on the other side! It'll just keep on going up and up until you build it right into outer space."

Not the most sophisticated way of saying it, perhaps, but the truth is there.

Imagination and creativity are part of any human being -- regardless of the mode of government or social constraint, Cindy. If you hadn't have been able to imagine yourself a woman you'd have never been able to reach this stage of being yourself.

There are just some things you're not going to extract from humans without major lobotomies and, of course, there'll be a big price in other areas for doing that.

•  

cindybc

QuoteBut rationality is the difference between the dreams and the reality.  Lots of people dream of that stuff, but doing the work necessary - like say, oh the physics of actually building something - is what makes it real.

*Agreed,* even though all is born in the mind it then has to be transferred to the hand that holds the pen to the paper, the humble beginning of creating something from the realm of mind and manifesting it into the 3D world of reality as we know it. :)

Cindy

Post Merge: February 02, 2009, 12:50:34 PM

You are quite right hon. If we could not feel and perceive both of the environment around us and within, there would be no feelings and emotions. If we had no feelings or emotions it would mater little what sex or gender we are.

Dimensions would mater not either, but then isn't it wonderful to be able to perceive these dimensions? Maybe someday someone will actually build a space elevator from your sons idea from his space bridge. ;)

We would all be clones of one another if it was even possible for anything to exist in the three dimensional world  without all of the heterogeneous conscious minds of all that is as one.

We each conceive the world around us differently from one another so is this not in a sense creating our own worlds?

Cindy
  •  

RebeccaFog

I don't see where anyone can question anyone else's vision for a perfect world.

I think the word 'perfect' implies that any possible imperfections would not exist.  There would be nothing to prevent the world from being perfect.

I would think.  But I'd just like to see somebody accuse me of that.
  •  

Alyssa M.

Of course, this entire question is irrelevant. This world is already as perfect as it could be. I have proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPClzIsYxvA#noexternalembed

Q.E.D.

I <3 Marin <3 Leonard.
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

cindybc

That was a neat little musical video. I just emailed it to a friend of mine.

Cindy
  •