Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Metallica

Started by Dante, September 13, 2008, 08:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samantha1976ts

my fist concert was when i was 11 years old, and my uncle took me to see them at the arena in Sacramento Ca, it was the first and best group I have seen in all the times I have went to see a band play. Justice For All tour was it for me. I saw Slayer and Quiet Riot play later that year but Metallica did it on stage and music wise.
all of there other album,s from JUSTICE FOR ALL,MATHER OF PUPPETS,KILL'EM ALL,RIDE THE LIGHTNING, THE BLACK ALBUM AND DEATH MAGNETIC, are far the best of all of them thay have put out.But the they are all ok, just those i listed are great. Dave Mustang of Megadeath Helped start Metallica, and Megadeath is good too, try them out.And one more for the road is Pantera WALK is awsome.But now im into alot of Manson,Craddle Of Filth,Zombie, and so on but Metallica is my Fav,,,,,,
  •  

tekla

A) I'll agree that And Justice For All... was pretty much the peak of their performance career

B) We'll have to differ on Megadeath, the best part of that band are not DM.  Though watching him snivel like a little schoolgirl in the movie Some Kind of Monster is about the funniest moment ever caught on film.

C) my offer still stands.  I have a limited ed. shirt from the St. Anger tour warm up shows at the Fillmore, one of 500.  Let me know who wants it.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

klodefm42

Another reason why I like Metallica is that their fan base stretches to people of all walks of life. Heck they even have a thread on this forum!! MetallicA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  •  

Tamara

Quote from: tekla on February 02, 2009, 07:17:35 PM
B) We'll have to differ on Megadeath, the best part of that band are not DM.  Though watching him snivel like a little schoolgirl in the movie Some Kind of Monster is about the funniest moment ever caught on film.

Everything you said there is wrong. Dave Mustaine is a god of heavy metal and is a far better musician than anyone in Metallica (I love Metallica, so don't think that I don't) If you disagree then you probably haven't listened to them enough (I can tell this is probably true as you misspelled their name), just listen to the Rust In Peace album, from the first track you can hear his greatness as a player and a song writer.

And Somekind Of Monster wasn't exactly Metallica's most dignified moment, Lars behaves like a two year old and on the bit with Dave Mustaine, Lars cried too but that bit was editted out.
  •  

tekla

I listened to both, too many times, from a few feet away. 
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •