Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Frustration with waxing...

Started by Firelight, March 05, 2009, 02:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firelight

I have a problem with the place I've been to when trying (or attempting to try) waxing for the first time. I've been told that my facial hair isn't grown out enough to attempt waxing. I think this is a very frustrating problem because I feel extremely... well... icky is the only accurate way to describe it; growing out my facial hair. And naturally I have to go as a guy while doing it. I want to grow it all out in order to get waxed, but I look like a bum in the meantime. It's extremely frustrating, so I hope the wait is worth it!

At any rate, I think a mention should be made on the wiki that your hair needs to be grown out to a certain point before you can wax it... either that, or places I'm going to aren't all that good. ::)
  •  

christene

Laser or electrolysis...it'll work wonders :-)
  •  

Firelight

I am SOOOooo not patient or rich enough for electrolysis at this point.

Laser is a possibility, but I also have to consider that I have moderate hair and skin, and best results are achieved on dark hair with extremely pale skin. And again, I want results.
  •  

christene

I would at least get a consultation from a laser/elecrolysis expert. Besides the cost is spread out so it might not be as bad as you think. Patience is crucial with transistion...
  •  

Brielle

Waxing your face must really hurt.  I've plucked single hairs and just extrapolating from that OWWCHIE!!

I have been doing two- one hour electrolysis sessions every week for  3 months - and the two months before that it was half hour sessions.  (I saved for quite a while). 

I had been talking to my esthetician about the two options in our town for laser.  We chatted about it over the months and then on Feb 17, I dropped into the better of the two.  I knew they would be more expensive, but they have the latest equipment and there is a doctor there who runs the show.  I just decided overall, I didn't want to take the extra risk of using the lesser of the two to save money. 

As luck would have it, there had been a cancellation, and I spoke directly to the woman (technician) who would be doing my treatments. To make a long story short, within 90 minutes I had finished a consultation, a test 'burn' to see if the skin reacts, and a full face and neck treatment.  I'm so glad I went finally (and I was just dropping in to make an appointment for a consultation!) 

If you want to get electrolysis and laser eventually, think positively and make positive affirmations to yourself.  I know there's a million reasons (well, ok, maybe only a cupple hundred thousand) to think negatively in the transition process and we all struggle with those.  I have a trick that I play with my negative archetypes.  I interrupt them all the time.  At first they were like: "Excuse me."  "I was talking, how dare  you." "You are powerless against me." etc, etc, etc, and I felt my knees buckling lots.  But now I just cut them off.  Simple.  Inner archetypes, outer clones and drones, all those negative blabbering morons - I just cut them off before they can take any of my energy, and I give myself a pat on the back doing it.  Every time.  You have to notice these things, and practice them.  I'm sure there's a lot of people who start transition and end up in distress, giving up etc.  The game is between me, myself, and I.

Ok, there's pep talk number 47.  I hope that's an ok thing.

Cheers, Brielle

Oh, and I can relate big time to the having hair on your face bit - that's hard on the timing etc. I know a self-proclaimed she male (just so you don't think I use that term lightly) who won't go to elecrolysis because she doesn't want to have to grow her face hair out at all... It ain't easy.
  •