News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Death of a transsexual woman

Started by Witch of Sadness, November 04, 2006, 03:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Witch of Sadness

Hi Folks,

A report about a corpse which was found in a suitcase in Hamburg was seen in the television news today. The corpse had several stab wounds in her body and her face. The post-mortem examination yielded, that this woman was transsexual. Inquiries of the police showed that her lover had killed her when he learned that she was born once as a man.
I have heard about many of such cases but I know that I cannot really avoid with that. It is so bad what people do because of "Gay panic"! I could puke, and I would be a judge, I would give this type the maximum penalty!

WoS
>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
  •  

tinkerbell

It is indeed very sad, and most of the time the police does not do a flying fly about it, and as a result most of these cases end up in the cold case files.  I used to know two TS girls a while back.  Both of them were murdered six months apart from each other, and even now, almost a decade later, their murders are still unsolved. 

....and yes I concur with you....I would also give the perpetrators the maximum penalty....

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Julie Marie

Hate crimes are typically punished more severely than other crimes but this doesn't stop some people.  It's so sad there are still people who are so afraid of us they would rather kill us than take the time to get to know us.  While we've made some headway we still have a long way to go.

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

SomeMTF

Hate crimes are typically punished more severely than other crimes but this doesn't stop some people.

Very few states in the USA have actually hate crime laws with ''gender identity or experession''. Some has as California.
Still there is a great need for federal hate crime law including ''gender identity or expression''.
  •  

tekla

Never been fond of hate crime enhancements, as they are trying to punish something that is hard to prove.  Murder is murder, 25 to life in most states.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

placeholdername

Punishment should fit the crime... but it can't prevent it.
  •  

Rachael

Quote from: Julie Marie on November 04, 2006, 04:02:43 PM
Hate crimes are typically punished more severely than other crimes but this doesn't stop some people.  It's so sad there are still people who are so afraid of us they would rather kill us than take the time to get to know us.  While we've made some headway we still have a long way to go.

Julie

Sure they are... if they reach trial....  so many are not even investigated....

I feel for her family, but im not exactly suprised.... This is one of the risks of being a straight woman outside the ts community. We take it in stride because its all we can do. One learns the true meaning of love after your boyfriend turns around to you and tells you hes disgusted, only to walk out and never be seen again. I can easily see how it can extend to murder... almost too easily.
  •  

lisagurl

Being intimate with someone is very emotional. Not fully knowing who you are with is just stupidity. Love at first sight has gotten many killed regardless of being of a changed gender. It takes a long time to get past the fake mask of people. Sometimes even years, you should all be aware of the risks and be prepared because the law cannot follow you every second of your life.
  •  

Rachael

sex thankyou... not gender.

And people do not have to overreact so... theres no law saying its wrong, or gay, or evil, or the reasons they fathom.... And sometimes its just not plausabale, some of us do not broadcast our history, or feel we should have to.  Love at first sight happens. And sometimes one waits till one is more intimate with a love to tell them. Granted, it has to happen at some point. But thats incidental now.
  •  

Terra

Quote from: Witch of Sadness on November 04, 2006, 03:25:51 PM
Hi Folks,

A report about a corpse which was found in a suitcase in Hamburg was seen in the television news today. The corpse had several stab wounds in her body and her face. The post-mortem examination yielded, that this woman was transsexual. Inquiries of the police showed that her lover had killed her when he learned that she was born once as a man.
I have heard about many of such cases but I know that I cannot really avoid with that. It is so bad what people do because of "Gay panic"! I could puke, and I would be a judge, I would give this type the maximum penalty!

WoS
>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

On the bright side, after doing a paper last spring over the gay panic defense I found out a nice piece of info. Less and less judges and juries are accepting such a defense. Even Wyoming with the Matt Shepard incident over ten years ago, the defense tried unsuccessfully use that Matt was gay as an excuse for his murder.

So if nothing else, this jerk can't use "the gay made me do it" defense.
"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •