Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Addicted to Love....

Started by Buffy, August 01, 2006, 10:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffy

No, not a long and profound post about "how I found love"...... But about the Robert Palmer hit and now classic.

Actually this is more about the video that went with the song.

I have just come back from horse riding and and reached into my glove compartent and pulled out an old CD, hadn't a clue what was on it and just pushed it into the CD player

The song started.... "Addicted to Love".

It brought back memories, good memories and ones that went some way to confirming my Gender issues..... Wow, I wanted to be a Robert Palmer Girl.

If you haven't heard the song or see the video, do so....

The video features Robert Palmer and 5 wonderful girls, all dressed in black (tops, short skirts, tights & high heels), hair tied back and black eye make up and bright red lipstick.

The video stayed with me for ever, the image of those women fuelled my desire to transition.

Has anyone else had a song or video that has profoundly affected them....

Buffy
  •  

Mario

Buffy,
   That to this day is one of my favorite songs, and videos. The girl that licks her lips at the end was completly hot. Anyway, all my memories revolve around music. I remember certain people and years from music. I think it is in us all.

Marco
  •  

LynnER

When I was just hitting my teenage years my best friend comes running out of his house as Im walking by heading home from school.  "Dude.... Youve got to listen to this...."  He handed me a beat up old cassett tape.  "Only the first and last songs on this tape play right but your going to love it.

Do what you want from Bad Religion.
No song, no piece of music had or has ever caused such a profound effect over me.  the chorous.

"So do what you want. Do all you can, Break all the f***ing rules, and go to hell with super man and die like a champion YahHEY!!"

From that day forward I became a punk rocker.... I may not dress it, I may not allways act it.  But being punk is a way of life... a philosiphy about life and society.... Not mis matched clothes... leather jackets... mini skirts and mohawks.

Another song that made a diffrence was from Face to Face called "Disconected"

You dont know a thing about me-,  is there something that you should know-,
I can tell you what you want to hear, Let your inhibitions just go-,

<chorous>
No--- you dont know what you would give up, NO-o-o you dont know what you would give up,
you dont know, what you want, It may take you years to find out.
You dont know, what you need, Its something that may never come to you-

Trust is something that comes easy, If youve never been a victom.
Lies and promises and the words were said.  Its your desicion to except IT.

<repeat chorous>

Music effects and saturates every moment of my life.... My bands newest album became the sound track for my darkest days..... 

"Can you hear the sirens song calling your name?"
  •  

Rosebride

You know most people remember where they were when the challenger blew up, and 9-11.... I  however remember exactly where I was when I first heard Addicted to Love.. I was with my best friend Amy sitting in the back of her parents car. I think we were on our way back from the circus....lol The song still makes me happy to this day.
  •  

Shannon

I remember back in the summer of 1986 when I first heard "Addicted To Love."  I was riding with a co-worker in his car on our way to work.  He was the worst driver I ever saw.  He got pissed off at some redneck drivers in downtown Columbus on I-70 holding up traffic and he decided to get around them by doing 90 mph on the berm!  I refused to ride with him to work again after that incident.  Everytime I hear that song, it reminds me of him and just how crazy of a driver he really was.  I loved the girls in the video!    8) 

Shannon
  •