Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Your Life....

Started by MeghanAndrews, March 14, 2009, 01:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you where you thought you'd be a year ago?

I'm doing better than I thought I'd be.
20 (44.4%)
I'm doing ok, I thought I'd be doing better
12 (26.7%)
I'm not doing too well, I thought I'd be doing better.
8 (17.8%)
I'm doing much worse than I thought I'd be.
5 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

MeghanAndrews

Wow, I was looking at old posts and Kylo and Sarah revived this poll after all these years. Woo hoo! I forgot I did so many polls back in the day :)
  •  

SeptagonScars

I'm doing better than I thought I'd be. I often say to people that if you'd compare my life/happiness to an average kind of person, I'd probably appear pretty miserable. But comparing me only to my past self, I've never been doing better than I am now and I only keep feeling better, more grounded, more independent, more stable and self-loving. And I think the latter is a far better comparison to make. Of course it's not been a smooth ride, but rather a roller-coaster, but in general it's been going up much more than it's been going down for me these past 2-3 or so years.

It goes for many aspects of my life, except from maybe interpersonal/relationships which is a little rocky/messy and needs a lot of work, but I feel rather positive or at least hopeful about that too. Financially it's no change either, but it's never been very bad, just not exactly optimal. Mostly where it's gotten much better for me is transition and mental health wise.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

Christy Lee

Since the last time i posted in this thread?

Im doing better accepting that i am Transgendered like im the most comfortable with it, that ive ever been in my entire life, i still cant bring myself to tell my mum or others around me, the words just wont come out, i even tried writing a letter but i havent sent it to her, or shown her

Im also stuck finding a Gender Therapist, its hard, mostly in Newcastle they only deal with Adolescent trans people ie Children or Teenagers, which gets me Emotional because my life wasnt so great or safe to transition when i was a teenager, and I KNOW i would have lost my father for sure (he passed away now) and my life is better and safer i know my mum would be fine with it eventually, BUT its the eventually part im worried about, i dont really have anywhere else to go, umm i dont care about anyone else in my life not accepting me its just mum

Starting to think about wanting a relationship, but ive always felt like ill just be alone or something, so its hard to think about

Otherwise, nothings really changed
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

CynthiaAnn

I seem to be the eternal optimist. I am grateful for the life I have today, in no small part to all the changes I've put in motion especially over the last 8 - 10 years. I have much to look forward to, my health is doing very well at this stage, I am in the final phase of my long working career, our children our all grown up and mostly on their own now. Once my day job is finished, I want to travel, play more music, and be outdoors even more...

Life is good, and I am not shy about that...

I'm just a "Suzzie Sunshine"  :)

Cynthia -
  •  

Ryuichi13

I"m a disabled Paramedic, and a year ago I was able to walk much better than I can currently.  The bilateral hip damage that made me disabled has worsened, and I'm in more pain than I was this time last year. Something happened this past January, and now I'm actually dragging one of my legs a bit when I walk.  I also walk a lot slower than I'm used to.  I'm not happy about that. 

Luckily for me, not only was I scheduled for my bilateral hip replacement earlier than I expected, but I'm getting one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the state!  My partner has already had both hips replaced by him, and is walking just fine.  I can't wait!

I was honestly hoping to have my top surgery this year, but its being put off until next year.  It'll give me time to heal up from getting both hips done at the same time, and I get to see how my body reacts to surgery, since I've never had it before. 

So I'll be going from having bum legs to good legs, then from having bum (T-Rex! ;D) arms due to having my top surgery. 

At least these effects are temporary.  I can't wait to be healthy again!

Ryuichi

•